Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rah

Shore Excursions Canary Islands

11 posts in this topic

Morning cruisers,

Just wondering about the trips once we dock,they are expensive as there is 4 of us(16&12) will we miss out by just taking the shuttle bus to local places?

We found that in most cases the ship docks very near the towns and sometimes there are hop on, hop off buses. However we found that there is not a lot to see without taking an excursion. With children a trip to Loro Park in Tenerife is well worth the cost.

rah likes this

We did the Canaries cruise .  The only excursions we booked was Loro Park for the kids , like Tinkerbell it is well worth it.  Then the Timanfaya national Park, other than that we walked into Lisbon , Funchal , etc and found it very easy.

rah likes this

Which ports are you visiting?  You could look in the ports section of this forum - there may be some hints there.

Also have a look at this website www.whatsinport.com as a starting point.

it also depends upon what you like doing.  I'm sure members will be able to offer some ideas.

rah likes this

If you like shopping, visit El Corte Ingles in Santa Cruz, great department store.

Like everyone says "Loro Parque" is a must, though you can probably do it cheaper on your own if you dont mind hiring a car or taking a local excursion.  I wouldnt bother with going south to Las Americas or Los Cristianos due to time restrictions, although Siam Park is an amazing water park.

If you get into Teide national park the cable car to the top is definitely worth doing also

in lanzarote timanfaya is definately worth seeing. You need to do it as an excursion unless you hire a car. If you do decide to do car hire then you need to wait for their own buses once there as only licensed coaches can go around the lunar landscape. I would recommend the excursion its much easier

rah likes this

Hi rah, I agree with a lot of the comments made. Walking into centres or taking the shuttles buses can still make for a good day in port without taking an excursion. I've done a Canaries itinerary a few times so I have sampled both sides. Excursions are good and the Teide national park as hturtle said is worth doing but I've also done this independently which proved more cost effective. Siam Park is a fantastic water park if you're looking for something for the kids as well. I visited here when staying in Tenerife on a land based holiday with some friends and it is good fun, as is Loro Parque.

In Madeira there is plenty to do and see just from strolling off the ship and talking a walk around. I'm sure you'll find something for you all to enjoy in each port. If you're concerned about prices but are still really keen to do an excursion in places then look into third party companies like cruisingexcursions.com, they can sometimes be a little more reasonable.

rah and hturtle like this