Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

J M Woodhouse

Dress Code

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I found this on their question page, know its american terminology, with their sweaters and slacks! But hopefully this will help!!

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly.

I know someone who is taking her first cruise, with NCL. I have not travelled with them myself, can anyone advise what the dress code is

Like this !       :D

Pic taken from QE World Voyage 2014

post-2910-0-22266700-1390342979_thumb.jpg

Hi,  the dress code is really flexible on board NCL, I've sailed with them before and their "freestyle" cruising does exactly what it says on the tin.  There's no strict guidelines other than the simple things like no shorts in the dining rooms etc but other than that they are extremely laid back.  Not sure about the policy on taking alcohol on board, we didn't try it but I'm sure it will state somewhere on their website if it is possible to do.