Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheels36

Dynamic Dining U-Turn

9 posts in this topic

With RC appearing to do a U-turn on the "dynamic dining" rollout, the "freedom dining" concept would appear to be  the one that will prevail long term.

From what I have seen of the press release RCI have decided to keep dynamic dining to the Quantum Class only including the new Ovation. The rest of the fleet will have the traditional 2 set time dinners and freedom dining.

From what I have read online it seems that RCI will be keeping  dynamic dining on the Quantum Class ships but not rolling this out like planned on the rest of the fleet.

It's a big u-turn from their recent comments that "dynamic dining will be the future". I cannot say I am surprised though. I'm pleased it will be kept for the Quantum Class ships however as I'm looking forward to trying it on Anthem in October.

For me the dining arrangements are a major potential factor in what could spoil a holiday, and any form of "pot luck" regarding fixed dining companions is a "no-no".

Freedom dining gives people who wish to sit alone the option to wait, or those willing to share an earlier table.

For anyone who feels that on any particular night the conversation was not particularly convivial (note the euphemism),then the following day there will be new dining companions at dinner and fresh conversations to be had.

This has got to be the "way to go".

Everyone has their own favourite style of dining. Some like 'Freedom' whilst others consider 'Fixed Dining' with the same table companions part of their holiday. Therefore the 'way to go' is very much the individuals choice. I enjoyed 'Fixed' dining with Fred Olsen in March, Dynamic Dining on Anthem with a table for 2 in April, and 'Freedom' dining on Brilliance in May. 'Dynamic' gave us the opportunity to try various restaurants with different themes and have around us people to converse with and as some were on 'Freedom' and others 'Fixed' I believe we had the best of both worlds. As I said, it all comes down to the individuals choice.

DavidH likes this

I think Dynamic is a great concept but trying to roll this out on a mass scale is probably a step to far, its good that they havent abandoned it altogether and hopefully in time they can iron out the well documented faults, a bit like the early pioneers of freedom dining which now seems more acceptable to most

vamp23 and boomboomtime like this