Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Squiffy on Port

Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabins On Britannia

5 posts in this topic

We always have a Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabin when we are on Azura or Ventura as we like the extra living space, larger bathroom and open balcony arrangement. We are considering a cruise on Britannia later this year and, having looked at the deck plans, it appears none of this grade of cabin are located in places which offer an open balcony. Rather than being located together as on Azura and Ventura (deck D plus a few on deck E), they are in a variety of locations, including some which are on the deck immediately below the lido deck. Some of those in this particular location are under the overhang of the lido deck so, as well as not being open, are shaded even more. I would therefore appreciate any feedback from any of you who have first hand experience of the Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabins on Britannia, particularly if you have also had the same grade of cabin on either Azura or Ventura for comparison.

Good morning Squiffy.

My wife and I had a Superior Deluxe Balcony on Britannia B Deck (B324)...

16316892843_006c224b91_z.jpg

I agree that the equivalent balconies aren't as spacious as those on Azura and Ventura however, we did find them perfectly adequate...

19856002321_02e0db84f4_z.jpg

Having a balcony is the most important thing.

Squiffy on Port likes this

Hi Squiffy,

We have just finished the British Isles trip in a Superior deluxe on A deck.

We are not sun-lovers so this was perfect for us. The only minor drawback was that occasionally we would hear the sound of the chairs being moved aroud, but this was never late in the evening or early morning, and was not intrusive.

I agree with Richard, the balconies are fine with plenty of room for 2 people to recline the chairs.

By the way, on our trip the overhang was useful  to keep the rain off !!!

David

Squiffy on Port likes this

Hello Richard and David

Many thanks to you both for your comments and information which are really helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks also for the pictures, Richard - I do like the Britannia arrangement, especially the position of the TV's.

Happy cruising !!

Regards,

Squiffy

I like the look of the Britannia arrangement as well Squiffy. The cabin looks very welcoming and well laid out. The tv on the wall is a space saver and a welcome one. I haven't had the pleasure of Britannia but I have been in the equivalent category on Royal Princess and therefore appreciate the design.