Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oldworldtraveller

British Travel Awards

14 posts in this topic

Cast my votes though I found it a little tedious having to fill in so many boxes.

No doubt I will now be bombarded by emails from Cruise international.

Good luck anyway Bolsover.

Hello,sorry never used Bolsover so no vote from me.

Rodger.

Who do you book with jaguar?

I always book with Bolsover, thats how i found about this forum, i thought everyone booked with them!!

Now sit down Rum + Sun,There is no Father Christmas and there are more Travel Agents Bolsover.I understand they are very good.

My wife is the one who sorts holidays,actually everthing really.Seriously we very often book direct with the cruise company.in our case normally Cunard.

I don't think it would be very good manners to mention another Travel Agent on this forum.

Good luck to Bolsover.

Rodger.

I Understand there are other travel agents Jaguar01, as i do not join in other forums im not too upto date with them, i just thought this forum was Bolsover Customers - as its the 'Bolsover Cruise Club forum'.

Have cast my votes for all 3 - cruise international awards, british travel awards and world travel awards. I found them all very difficult to navigate however. I've previously mentioned my disillusion with Cruise International's voting system seeing as you have to vote for every category before it will accept you, even if you haven't experienced the cruise lines in some of the categories. I also found the world travel awards very overwhelming and found myself just skipping half the categories as they did not interest me in the slightest. Nevertheless I got there in the end and cast my votes for categories that did interest me. Bolsover received my vote for the agency categories so good luck to them and here's hoping their hard work is rewarded.

One thing that did cross my mind was how do you get on the nomination list for the British Travel Awards?

The reason I ask is there are several notable cruise companies missing from the cruise sector including Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Costa, MSC, Holland America, Seaborn and others. Yes I know it is the British Travel Awards and these companies are not British but neither is P&O, Cunard, Hurtigruten, Princess, NCL or Thomson. Anyone know the answer?

One thing that did cross my mind was how do you get on the nomination list for the British Travel Awards?

The reason I ask is there are several notable cruise companies missing from the cruise sector including Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Costa, MSC, Holland America, Seaborn and others. Yes I know it is the British Travel Awards and these companies are not British but neither is P&O, Cunard, Hurtigruten, Princess, NCL or Thomson. Anyone know the answer?

All I can say is that my wife was a Care Manager of a home for Dementia and she was contacted by a National Care Awards saying that the home had been nominated for an award. When looked into it further they had to purchase a table for 12 people at the ceremony at a top hotel in London and when the company running the awards were told they were run by public sector and there wasnt the money to purchase the table they were told that they would be taken off the nomination list for the award if they didnt attend. That is why I do not pay a lot of attention to awards because they are either "bought" or companies "beg" for votes and if they were that good they shouldnt need too. I am not saying this happens with every award but does make me suspicious about all awards and most companies like the thought of awards plastered all over their website and paperwork because it is good for business.

wheels36 likes this

I too am suspicious about anything involving awards or rosettes, that can lead to an increase in business.

If you take a look at some of the countries "riding high on the Michelin top restaurant lists", you sort of think that this has nothing to do with food.

All I can say is that my wife was a Care Manager of a home for Dementia and she was contacted by a National Care Awards saying that the home had been nominated for an award. When looked into it further they had to purchase a table for 12 people at the ceremony at a top hotel in London and when the company running the awards were told they were run by public sector and there wasnt the money to purchase the table they were told that they would be taken off the nomination list for the award if they didnt attend. That is why I do not pay a lot of attention to awards because they are either "bought" or companies "beg" for votes and if they were that good they shouldnt need too. I am not saying this happens with every award but does make me suspicious about all awards and most companies like the thought of awards plastered all over their website and paperwork because it is good for business.

I believe that you have it spot on Sinbad10. Don't they have to pay to be included on such award lists, I have heard that mooted, so frankly, they are rather meaningless with regards to anything, these awards, that is.

We also never, OH and little old me, never click on a link that may bring unwanted 'stuff 'to our inbox. OH is very au fait will all the rubbish that ensues if you do so.

Anyway, who nominates any of the nominees in the first place??? We were never asked!