Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cruise chef

Palermo

10 posts in this topic

After a recent holiday I would like to share this advice with fellow forum members;

We are always advised to protect bags & cameras from pickpockets and this advice was given to us by our holiday rep, I would also add to this that if you are going into Palermo also make sure that you leave any valuables/jewellry on the ship in your safe.

I unfortunately didnt have this advice passed to me and had my chain ripped off my neck on the main street in the city centre this was early afternoon, apparently this happens from time to time according to police and sometimes its not a lone person so please be careful.

Sorry to hear that Cruise Chef and I'm sure the membership will appreciate your warning.

I usually take a number of precautions after assessing the ports of call we are visiting: I have to with my camera equipment.

I double secure my Nikon with this old diving wrist strap for a start...

15640559425_e106e438d3_z.jpg

Sorry to hear this Cruise Chef, pick-pockets really have no shame! Despite this incident, I hope you still enjoyed your holiday. I’m sure this warning will be very much appreciated by other forum members who may visit Palermo. 

Sorry to hear that Cruise Chef and I'm sure the membership will appreciate your warning.

I usually take a number of precautions after assessing the ports of call we are visiting: I have to with my camera equipment.

I double secure my Nikon with this old diving wrist strap for a start...

15640559425_e106e438d3_z.jpg

I should also add that that wrist strap works ideally on hand bags, manages and shoulder sacks as well.

Thanks for your kind comments, I was fully holding on to my camera & rucksack hence the lack of free hands to fight someone off, Infuriating to say the least!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that cruise chef, must have been hugely frustrating and saddening for you. I hope the, as Seven Seas said, I hope it didn't ruin the holiday.

Sorry to hear that cruisechef hope you are ok and no physical damage .  Was thinking of that area for next year so will be very careful

I have only been to Palermo once and decided it was more important to take a ship's excursion to the fortified hill top town of Erice...

9118973150_bb44a912c2_z.jpg

9038347623_9164f0aa50_z.jpg

Methinks I may have had a lucky escape.