Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dancefloordemon

Thoughts on booking through Cruising Excursions.com

11 posts in this topic

In the past I have either booked my shore excursions direct with the cruise operator or have done my own thing in the port but recently, a friend of mine who books with Bolsover had been recommended cruising excursions.com which claim to be up to 60% cheaper than directly with the cruise company.

I was just thinking if any of you have used them,? I can see that their terms and conditions are similar and all payment protected but would I be better to travel under the ship umbrella??

Thanks

..my sister has just come back and said she compared p&o's prices to cruising excursions.com before she went and cruising excursions are a cheaper. she said they were fantastic and organised really well and would definatley use them again! smile.png

dancefloordemon and WAVES like this

i have heard that the cruising excursions .com are very good prices however someone who i know who used them said they had to walk quite a way to get the coach when p&os buses are at the port outside the ship however she did say they are good prices.  

dancefloordemon likes this

We have used cruisingexcursions.com. Yes you do have to walk a little further to get the coaches. But this didnt bother us. The coaches were comfy and the staff really friendly and informative. We used them in Pisa and Naples to Pompeii. Would recommend them. smile.png

We have never used them but seen the representative in numerous ports with a board waiting amongst P&O staff guiding people to coaches so cannot imagine that they would be parked any great distance away.

I have seen them but worry, for what I would save, about what woukd happen if they returned late. The ship would have no obligation to wait so in the end it could cost more.

I understand your concerns Captain Kidd as this was the exact reason why I had reservations about booking with them myself but I eventual bit the bullet and went for it. I'm happy to report that the services I booked were excellent and we returned in plenty of time. One of the leading lines that cruisingexcursions.com has on their site is that they guarantee to get you back to your ship on time. Obviously there can be unforeseen variables take place that prevent this but having witnessed first hand their professionalism, I would recommend giving them a go. I am not however a complete advocate of them. I still always check the cruise lines own excursion options first as I still value their own tours. As previously stated, it's all about weighing up what's right for you.