Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Land Ahoy

Microsoft Windows 10

16 posts in this topic

Hi  I have just changed my Microsoft software to the new version (Microsoft Windows 10).  It seems to be user friendly (I'm not the most technologically adept person) but it did take while a long time to download the software and install it in the computer.  I have a medium fast broadband speed but a fairly slow processor.  What's your opinion of this operating system?

Hi Land Ahoy.

I'm happy to say that for once this won't affect me.

I'm firmly in the Apple camp.

RobBar likes this

Hi Land Ahoy, whilst I am yet to experience Windows 10 as I still run Windows 7 through my office, I would not be interested in the new upgrade option. I use Windows (as I am forced to) in work but outside the office and at home I am a firm Apple fan. I find the Apple operating systems far superior.

RobBar likes this

I can download it for free on my work Windows 7 desktop, however I am very reluctant to do so because of possible network and hardware conflicts which always happens with new versions of Windows! It  could conflict with our estimating, accounting and CAD based programs. It's not worth the risk!

Like others, it's Apple at home!

wheels36 likes this

Still stuck withVista on my desktop and even though I need a new pc frightened to buy one case of better the devil you know than the devil you dont. Have Windows 7Starter on my netbook but cannot get free upgrade to Windows 10 like you can with full Windows 7.

Unfortunately I am on Windows 8 which I have found a nightmare since day one despite the upgrading to Windows 8.1. I would be interested to hear how the 8 and 10 compare and what the advantages are of Windows 10.Were you on 8 before 10 land Ahoy?

RobBar likes this

Unfortunately I am on Windows 8 which I have found a nightmare since day one despite the upgrading to Windows 8.1. I would be interested to hear how the 8 and 10 compare and what the advantages are of Windows 10.Were you on 8 before 10 land Ahoy?

Basically Windows 10 will return you to the more familiar experience of a Windows Desktop like Windows 7 and earlier. Its main advantage is across all Windows platforms like  mobiles, tablets , desktops. Its earlier mistake was forcing everyone into a Tab / Touch experience when most people do not have touch monitors

It is a free upgrade and that is the future. It examines your system prior and for current 7/8/8.1 users it should be seamless. For XP users, it will not update

For Business version s, a fee is required and one should let your network people decide

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2873214/windows/windows-10-will-be-a-free-upgrade-for-windows-7-and-8-users.html

I have a Windows 7 desktop and an Apple Macpro

Still stuck withVista on my desktop and even though I need a new pc frightened to buy one case of better the devil you know than the devil you dont. Have Windows 7Starter on my netbook but cannot get free upgrade to Windows 10 like you can with full Windows 7.

That was my view not so long ago then i listened to forum members and friends on Facebook.

I am now firmly in the Apple core (Corps) and can't believe it took me so long...

19543504413_862ccf4077_z.jpg

The only item that has changed in the above is that iPhone 6 has now replaced that iPhone 5 (which my wife has inherited

RobBar likes this

Yes I was and found it a complete nightmare Windows 10 is far easier to use, it has some of the original systems from the earlier Windows that people were used to using,

But now has far better systems.wink.png

RobBar and Oldworldtraveller like this

As it is a phased rollout my free upgrade has not happened yet.

RayO

Actually if you action the Windows 10 icon on your task bar, it will ask or give you the option to see if it is now available in your area, once started you approve the disclaimers and elect when to upgrade. I started the process but then stopped as I plan to upgrade Saturday afternoon. Will let you know my results 

As of Saturday MS 10 is on my desktop, It took  1 1/2 hours  to download and install.

It has some marketing features which you need to turn OFF else MS knows your browsing history and location et cetra,. go to settings

IE 11 does not show up with your favourites only Edge so you have to look for it and make an icon on your desktop

Overall very seamless but takes a while to boot up.. not like an Apple smile.png

I should add I then spent 2 hours fine tuning it / lol