Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

Msc Poaching Loyalty

13 posts in this topic

MSC have recently announced an interesting initiative to attract passengers that may not have considered  cruising with them in the past.

http://thegate.boardingarea.com/cruise-line-offers-a-loyalty-status-match-program/

Join the MSC Voyagers Club loyalty program by MSC Cruises and receive the matching elite level status card, which will guarantee you a discount of five percent on any booking in addition to similar or higher benefit elite level status.

Rather a bold move I think, as they are targeting other cruise lines passengers with an offer of matching their Loyalty status...

19520509414_737106cf5c_z.jpg

Or, as I initially preferred to describe the scheme's introduction... poaching.

But hold on Solent Richard, aren't you considering an MSC cruise?

9495899978_6dc2d2b998_z.jpg

So what are MSC going to offer me and Solent Barbara against our Cunard Diamond status?

19955042268_df8e232763_z.jpg 

That's the top level on Cunard so could be quite rewarding.

Are there any MSC fans out there who can advice me please?

Hi  Call me cynical but I would assume that the MSC will add 5% to the boarding and then offer you a 5% discount off the higher quoted price.  I may be wrong though.  I haven't sailed with this comapny and a minimal discount on the inflated on board prices isn't a great inducement for me to try the line, others may find this offer tempting.

I sailed with MSC last year on MSC Splendida and had an enjoyable experience. Excellent food and service to match. I still maintain that one of the shows I saw "The Pyramid of Mystery" was one of the best shows I have ever seen. No problem getting a sun bed despite being in the school holidays with many children aboard.

One point about the MSC offering as shown above. I have just looked at the application form and under 'Current Benefit Card Data' it is asking for 'Issue date of the Card'. Certainly RCI, Celebrity, Azamara, P&O, Cunard and several others do not issue you with a card denoting your status therefore you are unable to complete this part of the form. I tried and it kept asking for that piece of data and would not send.

One point about the MSC offering as shown above. I have just looked at the application form and under 'Current Benefit Card Data' it is asking for 'Issue date of the Card'. Certainly RCI, Celebrity, Azamara, P&O, Cunard and several others do not issue you with a card denoting your status therefore you are unable to complete this part of the form. I tried and it kept asking for that piece of data and would not send.

I would beg to differ OldWorldTraveller.

Cunard issue you with a Diamond/Platinum/Gold/Silver membership card with your Membership number on, however no date.

But nothing to stop you putting the date of when you became Diamond on the form and copying the said cruises from the Cunard World Club website after logging in and attaching those details with the application form to MSC. They may even accept a copy of your latest cruise card which shows your status and dates.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Msc/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

https://msccruisesgetforms.com/forms/loyaltymatch.aspx

Cunard issue you with a Diamond/Platinum/Gold/Silver membership card with your Membership number on, however no date.

But nothing to stop you putting the date of when you became Diamond on the form and copying the said cruises from the Cunard World Club website after logging in and attaching those details with the application form to MSC. They may even accept a copy of your latest cruise card which shows your status and dates.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Msc/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

https://msccruisesgetforms.com/forms/loyaltymatch.aspx

When I filled in the form, I did as you suggest, used my sea pass card from last month which shows status and date of sailing etc as proof. However it was the date of card issue that I was unable to complete and without this it would not allow me to send.

I am sailing on first MSC cruise in September, To me the loyalty programme looks much better than some of the others out there?

I cant wait to see what the product is like

P & O used to issue you with a card when it was Portunus but now that it is peninsular they have stopped but as you change categories from Caribbean onwards it would prove difficult anyway. 

When I filled in the form, I did as you suggest, used my sea pass card from last month which shows status and date of sailing etc as proof. However it was the date of card issue that I was unable to complete and without this it would not allow me to send.

OWT

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/MSC-Voyagers-Club/MSCCruises-Status-Match.aspx

above is the UK site link and you print out,  scan then  re scan and email  the details.

They matched mine to Black , linking it to my original MSC number.