Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Kidd II

Palma De Mallorca

13 posts in this topic

Hello Captain Kidd,I dont know about an excurtion,but as far as I remember just a walk around the town and the Cathedral was very nice.It is a few years since I was there but I assume the Cathedral still is.

Rodger.

Captain Kidd II likes this

Going there on 31 August. As we have been to the island several times and travelled to various destinations there we have decided to just wander round Palma. The cathedral and surrounding area is very interesting and hopefully there will be a shuttle bus from the ship. Otherwise it will be a taxi ride. There are plenty of horse drawn carriages if you wish to see round the city.

Otherwise the trip to Soller is good with the return train journey.

If you want to go into the Cathedral make sure you are suitably dressed, They dont like bare shoulders on ladies, and a few years ago men had to wear long trousers. That might have changed by now though.

Ihave the feeling we should be going on an excursion, or some kind of trip, round Palma. Can anyone recommend anything, please?

Or why not take up the challenge?

Castell de Bellver - you will see it from the ship...

8911296556_0b1d49cfc5_z.jpg

Challenge? Well it can be if you choose the walking route...

20271915512_e7ca24a903_z.jpg

A great way of balancing out that cruise food and low activity on board. Not recommended for the obese.

It's an interesting visit...

20280244595_8acff4d070_z.jpg

...with spectacular views...

20271915572_a9cf297a93_z.jpg

Or there is the Ho Ho bus.wink.png wink.png

DavidH likes this

Ihave the feeling we should be going on an excursion, or some kind of trip, round Palma. Can anyone recommend anything, please?

If you decide to take up the Castell de Bellver challenge I do hope you are young, fit and trim although if a 60+ rather o/weight woman can manage it - no not me but I know a man who does know one then I'm sure it will be a doddle for you.

If you decide to take up the Castell de Bellver challenge I do hope you are young, fit and trim although if a 60+ rather o/weight woman can manage it - no not me but I know a man who does know one then I'm sure it will be a doddle for you.

biggrin.png biggrin.png I bet you do Pyewacket, there's a lot of them about. She should have gone to 'Slimming World' like my wife did years ago.

However, more to the point, how did you find Queen Mary 2's Anniversary cruise? After all that excitement and fanfare  I'd have thought you would be eager to share a little more of your experience with the forum than you chose on ...

http://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/forum/topic/3080-excited/?page=3

Back on track, of course the Cathedral is one magnificent piece of architecture that definitely stands out in Palma...

20094795210_c6a39931e1_z.jpg

And for those fit enough, a reasonable walk from the ship's berth.

However, more to the point, how did you find Queen Mary 2's Anniversary cruise? After all that excitement and fanfare  I'd have thought you would be eager to share a little more of your experience with the forum than you chose on ...

I enjoyed the QM2 Anniversary cruise very much thank you, nothing to do with not being eager to share but after your excellent review you are a very hard act to follow, I'm not sure what I could add, we were on the same ship, went to the same places, we obviously enjoyed it as much as you did, is there any more to say ? we of course did the TA back which was enjoyable/relaxing but rather low key after all the celebrations.

I enjoyed the QM2 Anniversary cruise very much thank you, nothing to do with not being eager to share but after your excellent review you are a very hard act to follow, I'm not sure what I could add, we were on the same ship, went to the same places, we obviously enjoyed it as much as you did, is there any more to say ? we of course did the TA back which was enjoyable/relaxing but rather low key after all the celebrations.

Yes, Ive read that on other reviews, particularly from my friend in Brecon.

We might have just missed each other again as I was at the Ocean Terminal for the disembarkation to meet friends who had kindly brought some luggage home for us.