Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheels36

Flying And Weight.

5 posts in this topic

An Australian man is currently suing Etihad Airways on the basis of back problems, caused by having to contort his body to accommodate an obese person sitting next to him.

I have never had that particular problem, but have been on a flight that missed it's take-off slots due to loading and seating an obese passenger.

This could possibly be a landmark case that leads to the often floated "air fares by weight".

Hi  I had occasionally have had the unpleasant experience of having to be seated next to an obese (a lump of lard) person and I was glad it was only a short flight.  I don't know the solution, it would be draconian to ban them from flying, increase the width of the seats (adding costs to price) or making them pay for two seats at the time of booking.  I will say that in general many corporations are slow at amending their policies with the changes in lifestyles; an example of this is that many cars are now much wider than they used to be but parking bays remain the same size.

i saw an article on a man who was forced to buy two plane seats because of his size, only to find when he boarded the aircraft one was at the front and the other at the back laugh.png