Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mimosa

Great British Bake Off Is Back!

24 posts in this topic

But of course, who can miss the the cheesy banter from MEL & SUE, the cake disasters & of course the soggy bottoms

(I wonder if the squirrel and his nuts will make a re-appearance)

Just heard on the news that one of the contestants has had lots people "betting" on them to win it.

Ladbrookes have suspended betting on said person until it has been investigated.

Enjoyed the show last night .

I don't usually watch the Bake Off but have to say lasts night episode was quite amusing. I also think that they did choose the right person to leave the show last night.

Sue spud, I read about this in the papers today. I can't see why the bookies let people bet on something that is not live. Surely the winners family & friends would all put hefty bets on. Good programme though.

Hi  The programme was refreshingly different when it was first broadcasted but it as now become very repetitive.    In addition it is obvious that many of the contestants are not "home bakers" but have had professional training.  I hope that the BBC realise that the programme has a limited shelf life (aka Weakest Link etc) and  consider putting it on the back burner for a few years.  PS I did enjoy the Children in Need celebrity edition, Johnathan Ross was brilliantly incompetent and it was nice to see someone who was non-competitive and brought a sense of humour to the show.

Land Ahoy, thats a bit negative, I would still say they are all home bakers looking at the disasters, yes we could say we have attended cooking lessons but that doesnt make us professionals, I know of some so called cake decorators that still to this day cant make a decent sponge and have to buy it in.

At the end of the day its entertaining for some of us, those who dont find it so there are plenty of other channels or that new concept (the off button)

I agree Cruise Chef, I would still say that they are all home bakers as even those who seem to have had years of baking seemed to be second guessing themselves. To me not one person looked 100% confident. Like you’ve already mentioned we can all say we attended cooking lessons but that doesn’t make us a professional.

Mimosa likes this

Very true The Seven Seas, I enjoy my cooking but wish I had half the talent, vision & creativity that some of the contestants have, it does make me laugh though when they try to wing it. especially with the judges, but it make great fun for the presenters

Another great episode last night! Have to say I was really impressed with Matt’s fire engine biscuit box, it looked really impressive and  was in my opinion the best out of them all. Do you think the right person left last night?