Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boushki

Crystal River Cruises To Launch In March 2017

15 posts in this topic

Two river yacht vessels will be launched starting in late March 2017. The new vessels will boast a yacht-like design featuring larger accommodations and space-to-guest ratio than any other river cruise ship, and will include Crystal‘s signature all-inclusive six-star service together with a fresh approach to the traditional river itineraries and experiences.

I've actually just been reading about this on another site. I've never done a river cruise but it was an image I saw of one of the ships that attracted my attention. I like the look of them. I knew they can only do so much to change the exterior design of a river cruise ship but the artists impression does look very nice and from what I have read, they will be lovely once complete. I wouldn't mind one of the Penthouse Suites on board smile.png

Boushki likes this

Hi  Crystal ocean division have a deservedly high rating amongst cruisers and I have no doubt that their river vessels will be at the top of the river cruising market but unfortunately with prices to match.  I'm confident that product delivered on these vessel will be exceptional but I doubt whether but a few but the most wealthy of cruisers will be willing to pay the boarding fares.

I've never done a Crystal cruise but have heard and read exceptional reviews of the line. I'll be very interested to see how they will differentiate their products from that of their competitors. I've just read the story on Bolsovers site as well, which says the line is planning to go down a different approach to their rivals. If they are indeed going to charge such high prices, which I imagine for their 6 star service as it's described, they will, they'll need to go the extra mile so to speak to justify those price tags. After all we're not comparing Crystal to MSC here, we're looking at the river cruise niche and from what I've seen, the likes of Viking and Ama waterways offer good products and services with a lot included so I'll be intrigued to see how Crystal position themselves.

Land Ahoy likes this

Hi  I am assuming that Crystal will position themselves well above the level offered by Viking more like that offered by Uniworld.  I would also assume that the prices will be significantly higher than that they charge per night on their ocean cruises which is the norm on river versus ocean cruises.  I also wonder what will be the duration of the cruises offered: will they follow the seven night voyages preferred by many operators or will they offer longer vacations and maybe add a land stay in the more desirable ports.

I think you could be right land ahoy, they may well opt for itineraries like this. It's implied in the comments they've made so it may be that they're going to offer something different. I see they're looking at quite a few overnight stays as well which would appeal to many I'm sure.

I think this is a great move for Crystal Cruises and will be great to see how they plan on breaking themselves away from the norm of river cruising. I have no doubt that this cruise line will have any issues with continuing on their world famous six star service and that the longer overnight stays will appeal too many but certainly at a high price tag.

Just seen the pictures on this topic, I was starting to think most river cruise ships were looking the same but these look really sleek & stylish. Having had the luxury of crusing with Crystal before and reading some of the changes they have made recently it definitely makes me want to go back with them again in the future

Land Ahoy likes this

Hi cruise chef

I definitely agree with your recommendation of Crystal ocean cruises, they offer an excellent product with possibly the best dining afloat .  I would like to think they will include their excellent educational courses on the river cruises.  I did a couple of Photoshop workshops and I learnt to do things I didn't know the programme would do such as straighten converging images: my photographs of the minarets on the Blue Mosque looked better after they were modified. 

Just when i thought I'd caught up with the new guys and booked Scenic along comes another river operator.

Oh well, 2017 isn't that far off. biggrin.png biggrin.png