Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheels36

Mens Shorts

56 posts in this topic

Hi I am one of those ridiculous men who wear shorts when it's warm.  I disagree that they don't look OK, it's  all down to personal preferences.  I wouldn't think it's politically correct for a man to say that older/larger women shouldn't wear short skirts/shorts, I admire their self worth.

Do men generally look ridiculous in shorts, or is it just when they bought them without their wives being there?

I look great . . . or at least I think so!

Mind you I wouldn't dream of buying them without permission!

JH327 likes this

You should show your other half who is the BOSSph34r.png ph34r.png

Nice one Wheels, yes we can make a pair of shorts look good, bad or just plain awful!!!! Nothing worse than a pair of milk bottle white legs on show!!!

Ha Ha not just the guys though!!!!

I wear shorts throughout the whole year, sometimes December to February I may occasionally wear long trousers for a bit of warmth.

I really don't care about what others think as my comfort is all that matters. After two knee replacements I find that long trousers irritate my scars, but who am I kidding I wore shorts before the TKRs.

Obviously, in the evening I will wear long trousers to conform, other than that shorts forever.

RayO

MG16 likes this

Do men generally look ridiculous in shorts, or is it just when they bought them without their wives being there?

Love it Shetlander...and so do I.

I live in shorts from around may to October, especially when cruising...

13385287874_404d831fb4_z.jpg

13402545783_66901f68b2_z.jpg

13384009953_75c51b7af8_z.jpg

Mind you, I recently saw some God damn awful ones being displayed in Hamburg so yes, there are some ridiculous sites.

As way of a PS. I'm definitely with Terry Wogan's TOGS as well: sandals no socks.

Maddie3 likes this

In general 99% look ridiculous and would be better off wearing lightweight trousers.ohmy.png

Hmnnn. I've never been in a minority of 1% before. It's most gratifying  biggrin.png biggrin.png  ...

13896498741_bee87e5774_z.jpg

Shetlander likes this

I wear shorts throughout the whole year, sometimes December to February I may occasionally wear long trousers for a bit of warmth.

I really don't care about what others think as my comfort is all that matters. After two knee replacements I find that long trousers irritate my scars, but who am I kidding I wore shorts before the TKRs.

Obviously, in the evening I will wear long trousers to conform, other than that shorts forever.

RayO

I'm with you Ray except for that December to February, unless I'm out of the country.

The blood thins a little as one gets older.

Just to widen the debate a little.

Some men when wearing shorts will wear sandals with brown, grey or black socks: now that really is a ridiculous look.

RayO

Just spotted your comment on socks Ray. I'd already made a similar one.

Yes, I fully agree. In fact I even had a T-Shirt embroidered to reflect the fact...

20952655521_82744f7ff6_z.jpg

biggrin.png biggrin.png

RayO likes this

The blood thins a little as one gets older.

Bet the ole Corpus Spongiosum and cavernosa doesn't fill so well either!!!

Sandals will never be right, with or without socks - IMHO. My wife has other ideas, but I'm stoic and will not budge.

So, back to the very first post: I choose my own shorts and do not need her permission for this. Neither does she need my permission to buy tops (that's her thing). However, I do need her input on colour coordination as apparently orange shorts do not go with a dayglow green T-shirt - I would beg to differ.

I knew SR would have a picture to illustrate any point.

RayO

wheels36 likes this

Sandals will never be right, with or without socks - IMHO. My wife has other ideas, but I'm stoic and will not budge.

So, back to the very first post: I choose my own shorts and do not need her permission for this. Neither does she need my permission to buy tops (that's her thing). However, I do need her input on colour coordination as apparently orange shorts do not go with a dayglow green T-shirt - I would beg to differ.

I knew SR would have a picture to illustrate any point.

RayO

I chose two pairs of my shorts on the basis that they had useful deep velcro pockets for cards, cash, phone, etc, but they are now on their way to the charity shop.

The correct look shorts have shallow pockets, so in crowds it's a case of keeping hands on cash.