Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moneten

What Book Are You Reading?

20 posts in this topic

I recently finished reading 'Unbroken' by Laura Hillenbrand. A remarkable book I would highly recommend.

I'm heavily into the  Janan Genesh biography of George Osborne entitled 'The Austerity Chancellor'. 

Biographies at home and Goddard and Archer for holidays. 

I'm avidly reading the DK Eyewitness Travel guide to California in preparation for our visit in January. So much to see and so little time!!

Nice one David. We were there last January before joining Silver Spirit. 

Have you got time in Los Angeles?

15928786933_608395e1e5_z.jpg

DavidH likes this

Sabre of Honour by William Simpson. Have also recently read Social Media for Writers by Joanne Mallon. An excellent read for writers and journalists who want to use the public media to their advantage.

Another good social media book is The Art of Social Media by Guy Kawasaki, worth a look following your mention of Joanne Mallon.

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Yes we have. We fly into San Diego and are already committed to meeting friends for 3 nights in San Francisco before we board Aurora. That gives us around 8 days to drive Route 1 and see as much as we can in between. We're thinking the final day of those 8 will be spent North of San Francisco, touching on Russian River Valley, Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve, Old Faithful Geyser and the Petrified Forest before over nighting in the Napa Valley area (don't want to drink and drive!!). I guess we will probably allow ourselves a couple of nights in LA. Suggestions very welcome as to what not to miss and places to consider staying.

I am taking a short break from the Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller series of books and am now reading Silent Scream by Angela Marsons because it was 99p - it's not too bad though. After that I shall be re-reading The Hydrogen Sonata by (the late) Iain M Banks. And then more Michael Connelly.

RayO

Yes we have. We fly into San Diego and are already committed to meeting friends for 3 nights in San Francisco before we board Aurora. That gives us around 8 days to drive Route 1 and see as much as we can in between. We're thinking the final day of those 8 will be spent North of San Francisco, touching on Russian River Valley, Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve, Old Faithful Geyser and the Petrified Forest before over nighting in the Napa Valley area (don't want to drink and drive!!). I guess we will probably allow ourselves a couple of nights in LA. Suggestions very welcome as to what not to miss and places to consider staying.

A couple of nights will be fine David.

My pick...

Rodeo Drive...

16361497520_7115f86eef_z.jpg

Dolby Theatre Tour...

16362687479_8a8a015372_z.jpg

and the Farmers Market...

16361297988_fd5795f5dc_z.jpg

I've sent you some other ideas.

One area we didn't cover this time, we'd already done it, was the Downtown District which is also well worth a visit.

DavidH likes this

At the present moment I am reading the third book of Peter May's Lewis trilogy. A really good read set in the Isle of Lewis. Funnily enough like Ray O I've just downloaded the Silent Scream by Angela Marsons I'm going to give it a try next.

Terence Strong Some Unholy War, surprising similarities to the current climate for a piece of fiction, but this isnt the 1st book of his I have read that sails close to the truth

On 9/3/2015 at 5:50 PM, Tally said:

At the present moment I am reading the third book of Peter May's Lewis trilogy. A really good read set in the Isle of Lewis. Funnily enough like Ray O I've just downloaded the Silent Scream by Angela Marsons I'm going to give it a try next.

I enjoyed the Lewis Trilogy a couple of years ago.  Thanks for reminding me about Peter May, I will have to look out for more of his books.  I just finished reading A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny - her Inspector Gamache books are always good reads.