Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Land Ahoy

What's Your Favourite Uk Destination?

32 posts in this topic

Hi  Although this forum is primarily concerned with matters about cruising I am sure most us enjoy a short or long break in the UK as well as taking an holiday at sea.  I enjoy visiting the Western Islands in Scotland as well as exploring the Highlands, the weather isn't always great but the scenery never  fails to impress and enjoying a fine malt whisky in the area it is created.  Which region do you look forward to visiting?

PS  I also visiting Whitby to have fish and chips in the Magpie Cafe

DavidH likes this

Have a few that I'm particularly fond of. I always enjoy a visit to the Lake District, particularly Ambleside and Windermere. I also love Cornwall, especially Falmouth, Padstow, Fowey and Watergate Bay but there's plenty of places down there that I enjoy visiting.

With you on the Magpie Cafe, LA. Edinburgh at Fringe Festival time takes some beating for City visiting. We also regularly stay just outside York in our caravan, meeting up with friends on site, then bus it into the City itself.

Not having visited Wales until about 10 years ago and then having an apartment there for 7 years..

(OH's home whilst he was working in Wales) I have to say The Gower is now a firm favourite.

But also adore The Northumberland Coast and now we have an apartment near Wetherby(again work related), I am loving exploring Yorkshire again, when I can get away from looking after the grandchildren !!!

The west coast of Scotland is another favourite..we spent 10 days touring there last year, loved the islands !!

Love Edinburgh,we go often,also do the Christmas markets and the Fringe.

In fact this country has so many wonderful places to see and visit.

DavidH likes this

Would love to do the Fringe, it's on my list.

This year all the festivals were at the same time, culminating with the fireworks concert on Monday night which was fantastic, the tattoo is also worth a visit

For all round entertainment, excitement it has to be London.

They even have cruise ships visiting.

Could not agree more Richard. I mentioned Cornwall and the Lake District but there's a lovely spot in London, to the north. It's a sleeping giant brimming with history, you may have heard of it, it's called The Emirates smile.png and is perhaps my favourite place in the UK to visit. 

Hi As a city break London has a great deal to offer but New York is even better but of course it isn't in the UK.  The only downside for me, is the air pollution, you certainly get a "sore throat" after a few hours in the capital.  The air quality and the beautiful scenery of the Highlands makes it more desirable for me but the midges are a real pain in the neck.

Hi As a city break London has a great deal to offer but New York is even better but of course it isn't in the UK.  The only downside for me, is the air pollution, you certainly get a "sore throat" after a few hours in the capital.  The air quality and the beautiful scenery of the Highlands makes it more desirable for me but the midges are a real pain in the neck.

In my experience they can be a real pain in everything, not just the neck!

London wouldn't be my choice....there is so much more to the UK than London.

I guess if you need excitement and need to be entertained..maybe.

But not as a favourite location..mind you I do have a soft spot for Windsor..such lovely memories.

I am looking forward to exploring Southern Ireland next year, another beautiful place.

London wouldn't be my choice....there is so much more to the UK than London.

I guess if you need excitement and need to be entertained..maybe.

But not as a favourite location..mind you I do have a soft spot for Windsor..such lovely memories.

I am looking forward to exploring Southern Ireland next year, another beautiful place.

Are you up in the North East Sue? Never spent much time up there but would like to. My colleague recently visited Newcastle for a few days for a wedding and came back raving about the city.