Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pennbank

Qm2 Natalie Cole & Blue Note

20 posts in this topic

M526 29th October 2015 Interestingly  Cunard are advertising this Crossing as Natalie Cole & Blue Note Transatlantic Crossing

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-types/music-cruises/blue-note-full-details/#tabbedModule13886

The Dress code is showing on the advertisement  

• One formal night with smart casual dress for all other evenings (jackets required, denim pants permitted but cannot be torn or have holes in them)

Wonder if this is correct, or will the standard 3/4 formal nights be the norm.

When she does the German Rock Festival cruises from  Germany to Oslo then Denim is the Norm !!!

post-2910-0-03199900-1441575786_thumb.jpg

Theme voyages/cruises normally are more flexible.

I would have no issue on this occasion.

Theme voyages/cruises normally are more flexible.

I would have no issue on this occasion.

As I said in my post, for German Rock Festival Cruises then Denim is the norm, not asking if you have an issue with it Dickie !

Wondering which bit of info is correct, its a case of Cunard's left and right hand not knowing what its doing.

Apparently people who booked this cruise on Select and have been receiving there documentation from Cunard and it states 4 formal the same as on Cunard's website. The question has been asked on Cunard's Facebook page but they haven't answered.

M526 29th October 2015 Interestingly  Cunard are advertising this Crossing as Natalie Cole & Blue Note Transatlantic Crossing

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-types/music-cruises/blue-note-full-details/#tabbedModule13886

The Dress code is showing on the advertisement  

• One formal night with smart casual dress for all other evenings (jackets required, denim pants permitted but cannot be torn or have holes in them)

Wonder if this is correct, or will the standard 3/4 formal nights be the norm.

When she does the German Rock Festival cruises from  Germany to Oslo then Denim is the Norm !!!

Are you booked onto this cruise pennbank? One of my 'book club' friends has been telling me she's going on this cruise, she loves all things Jazz so is very much looking forward to it.  

Are you booked onto this cruise pennbank? One of my 'book club' friends has been telling me she's going on this cruise, she loves all things Jazz so is very much looking forward to it.  

May be may be not !

May be may be not !

I'm not. Giving it a miss having done the Anniversary cruise already this year.

Matilda_1 likes this

For those that are participating on this It is I formal night rest Informal with jeans permitted! For the 29th October Crossing, It would be interesting to know if they do the usual Cunard World Club Cocktail parties for Diamond and Platinum members etc

Another cruise forum is offering this cruise and the one back in exchange for a live blog and reviews with pictures etc.

What a prize !!!

I would love to have done this but it's a little to close to another cruise we have booked.

Does anyone remember when QE2 used to do the Newport Jazz festival every year that was a fabulous event on both the Trans Atlantic and Newport itself which was an overnight stop, a two day ticket for the festival was also included in the price, we did it a couple of times but the most memorable was seeing the great lady herself Aretha Franklin. 

DavidH likes this

Apparently people who booked this cruise on Select and have been receiving there documentation from Cunard and it states 4 formal the same as on Cunard's website. The question has been asked on Cunard's Facebook page but they haven't answered.

Reliably informed 29th October crossing  1 formal 6 Informal Dark Jeans allowed !

Reliably informed 29th October crossing  1 formal 6 Informal Dark Jeans allowed !

Apparently on another cruise forum those that are sailing on this cruise and are from USA Cunard USA are informing them that it is as you say 1 formal 6 informal but those in UK are told by Cunard UK it is as stated in your VP 4 formal and 3 informal. I hope an answer is given which they stick to because depending which is right will dictate what you pack. I know one thing for certain I wont be wearing dark jeans have never worn jeans in MDR for dinner so I am not going to start now.

Apparently on another cruise forum those that are sailing on this cruise and are from USA Cunard USA are informing them that it is as you say 1 formal 6 informal but those in UK are told by Cunard UK it is as stated in your VP 4 formal and 3 informal. I hope an answer is given which they stick to because depending which is right will dictate what you pack. I know one thing for certain I wont be wearing dark jeans have never worn jeans in MDR for dinner so I am not going to start now.

22nd October to 29th Oct 2015  3 Formal  Southampton to NY and 29th October to 5th November 2015  Blue Note Jazz at sea crossing 1 Formal NY to Southampton rest were jeans, not ripped or have holes in  may be worn, Jacket required

The only way I could feel 'reliably' informed about dress on a particular Cunard crossing would be if I read it on my 'Voyage Personaliser'.

The only way I could feel 'reliably' informed about dress on a particular Cunard crossing would be if I read it on my 'Voyage Personaliser'.

sinbad10, on 15 Sept 2015 - 9:09 PM, said:snapback.png

Well the VP is not reliable this time Dickie, Reading the forums and according to passengers who have booked the VP is unreliable and incorrect and they received an email yesterday stating that their would be a relaxed dress code for the Blue Jazz Crossing of 1 formal and rest jeans may be worn  with no tears or holes, with jackets. This however had already been mentioned on their site

http://www.cunard.co...bbedModule13886

(copied from another cruise forum, to obey forum rules I will not mention which one)

this is the notification sent out to passengers already booked.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

**Blue Note Jazz at Sea**

We look forward to welcoming you on board Queen Mary 2 for our special 'Blue Note Jazz at Sea' Transatlantic Crossing.

We would like to remind you that this crossing will operate a more relaxed dress code with one Formal night and six Informal nights (jackets

required, denim pants permitted but cannot be torn or have holes in them).

We hope you will enjoy what promises to be an entertaining crossing.

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

The VP says 4 formal that is what is causing the confusion because it is being widely advertised in USA by Cunard as 1 formal but if you ring Cunard in Southampton and ask they will tell you as your VP states it is 4 formal. I am booked on that cruise and I have not received that notification from Cunard and know others that havent and like I said have rung Cunard and they still insist it is 4 formal. Total confusion or what.

The VP says 4 formal that is what is causing the confusion because it is being widely advertised in USA by Cunard as 1 formal but if you ring Cunard in Southampton and ask they will tell you as your VP states it is 4 formal. I am booked on that cruise and I have not received that notification from Cunard and know others that havent and like I said have rung Cunard and they still insist it is 4 formal. Total confusion or what.

Perhaps the answer depends on your question to Cunard !

who may be innocently answering it correctly. 

How many Formals on M525B     22nd October to 29th  Southampton to NY       Answer  3    Normal dress code applies for the others

How many Formals on M525C     22nd Oct to 5th November  Southampton to NY to Southampton  (Round Trip)   Answer  4 (In Total)   3 Formal  for days to 29th October  then from 29th October to Nov 5 1 formal and rest  Relaxed code re Jeans/Jacket

How many Formals on  M526     29th October to 5th November  NY to Southampton   (Blue Note Crossing)   Answer 1    Relaxed dress code for remainder  Jeans etc   with jacket.

How many formals on M526A    29th October to 12 November  NY to Southampton to NY ( Round Trip)   Answer 4 in Total   1 for 29th to 5th Nov  with rest being relaxed  and 3 for 5th to 12 Nov with rest being normal dress code.

I have just had it confirmed by Cunard on Facebook that the dress code is as website for cruise 29th Oct-5th Nov M526 there are 4 formal i.e. 175 ball, masquerade and 2 other formal nights. I am now totally confused because I tend to believe that Cunard should know the dress code for this cruise.

I have just had it confirmed by Cunard on Facebook that the dress code is as website for cruise 29th Oct-5th Nov M526 there are 4 formal i.e. 175 ball, masquerade and 2 other formal nights. I am now totally confused because I tend to believe that Cunard should know the dress code for this cruise.

I think you will find that for the roundtrip (M525C)  there will be only 4 formal   3 on the outward journey and 1 on the return which is when Blue Note are onboard when a relaxed dress code allowing Denium, but not ripped or with holes/ Jacket required will be allowed.

Apparently Cunard will issue another update within  the next few days.