Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheels36

Aircraft Evacuation.

9 posts in this topic

The recent "aircraft fire" evacuation of a London bound Boeing 777-200 at Las Vegas Airport, is likely to raise serious questions about how passengers behave in a real emergency, as opposed to simulated situations.

Several passengers removed baggage from overhead lockers, delaying the exit of those behind.

Fortunately all managed to evacuate safely, but had the outcome been different would some of them now be facing possible manslaughter charges?

Hi  I really don't know I would behave in a real emergency situation in either an aircraft or at sea.  I would like to assume I would follow common sense rules but you never know what you would do?  I would be surprised if the passengers who retrieved their luggage​ would be prosecuted, delays may be more likely due to people taking selfies

Furby and JH327 like this

You have to feel for those who were panicked & delayed by the stupidity of other people, you do only have to see that the public ignore any announcements for their own safety when they choose to ignore the lifeboat drill or get out of their seats on a plane when they have clearly been advised to remain seated with their seatbelts on.

Guarantee is, these would be the 1st to complain if they got injured.  I'm please that the pilot did such a fantastic job in preventing a tragedy

JH327 likes this

The pilots and cabin crew go through rigorous training it is nice to see that they put there training into action,it is a pity passengers don't do the samewink.png

The behaviour of a few as always lets down the majority except on this occasion it could have had dire consequences. Perhaps a few prosecutions for 'Endangering Life' might focus a few minds. Taking time to collect personal items from overhead lockers slows down the evacuation process thus endangering others. Personal items could damage the evacuation slides thus rendering them inoperable and stranding passengers on the aircraft. Doesn't bear thinking about. I also like the idea of 2torts.

wheels36 likes this

Would it be possible to automatically lock the overhead lockers from a central point in the event of an emergency?

Would have an added benefit of preventing people going into lockers in-flight, where sudden turbulence could lead to cases falling.