Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seawitch

P&o Messes Things Up Again

32 posts in this topic

Just had e-mail with our cabin confirmation for cruise in 4 weeks -been booked since February. They have put us in twin beds in a four birth cabin although we have booked a double. (booking confirmation clearly states double)  Because of the pullman births it is not suitable for a double. Can't get hold of anyone to sort it out - what happens if they have no other cabin? 

I would get yourself a new TA for you next cruise booking and tell your current TA in no uncertain terms that you are not happy with them.

Definitely left 3 messages yesterday and no call back- can anyone recommend a travel agent who responds? 

If you are in a 4 berth cabin either out side or inside and you are using the upper 2 berths you are unable to have the beds made as a double bed as I believe the ladder goes inbetween those 2 lower beds. I think you have to have a deluxe balcony or higher where there is a sofa bed in the cabin to have a double bed

Unfortunately Bolsover never responded to our request (we had asked them for a reasonable priced cruise within a short time period) Just spoken to P&O they inform me that if you book a Queen bed and they confirm the double it is not guaranteed, and the travel agent should have told us. In all our years cruising we have never been told that if you book a double bed P&O can change it even when booking direct with P&O. Has anyone else ever been told this?

If you are in a 4 berth cabin either out side or inside and you are using the upper 2 berths you are unable to have the beds made as a double bed as I believe the ladder goes inbetween those 2 lower beds. I think you have to have a deluxe balcony or higher where there is a sofa bed in the cabin to have a double bed

There are only two of us so we only want one double bed, not 4 singles.

Captain Kidd II likes this

as far as I know bed arrangements are always on request. You could ask the cabin steward to push them together if they are not fixed twin beds but then the double bed will be in the middle and the 2 bunk beds folded against the wall may stick out so may be in the way for getting in and out of bed, thats what they mean by not suitable.

give bolsover another chance, we have used them for 20 odd years no problems and when my mum got breast cancer they helped out far more than they had to

I have always found Bolsover really helpful with all sorts of matters. P&O always fall back on the small print as a get out. If you have paperwork confirming your request then something tucked away in the pages of T&C seem to be unreasonable and I am not sure would stand up in law.

Give Bolsover a chance to respond as they may be wIting on P&O

Early Saver Terms & Conditions

We may introduce an Early Saver price on selected cruises, these are designed for those who want great prices, without all the benefits of the Select Price.

- Early Saver bookings are made at the relevant grade and a cabin number is allocated by P&O Cruises prior to departure
- Dining preferences are not guaranteed (preferences collected prior to boarding and confirmed on boarding)
- Shuttle buses in ports are an additional cost
- Second priority for upgrades (where available)

can anyone see on here where it says P&O can change your bed config after you have booked and they have confirmed it ? They tell me it does by I can't see it.

sorry above post contained P&O early saver T&C's but has not posted.

Early Saver Terms & Conditions

We may introduce an Early Saver price on selected cruises, these are designed for those who want great prices, without all the benefits of the Select Price.

- Early Saver bookings are made at the relevant grade and a cabin number is allocated by P&O Cruises prior to departure
- Dining preferences are not guaranteed (preferences collected prior to boarding and confirmed on boarding)
- Shuttle buses in ports are an additional cost
- Second priority for upgrades (where available)

Just been through 19 pages of T&C and see no reference to cabin layout being changable after booking. I know I am sad but the T&C refers to the hit on the customer and not P&O. Looks like a bit of a one sided contract.

Like I said early if you book on the savers then you are guaranteed a cabin of your choice, but it is the risk you take when you don't pay full price and choose the cabin type that you want. When I have had cabins whereby there are also upper bunks it is still possible to have the beds together but then I suppose it depends on the ship and the configuration of the cabin.

If you book on an early saver/saver deal then the bed configuration is not guaranteed,as there are some cabins with fixed twin beds. Even if you have been allocated a room with bunk beds, if there is just to two of you then you should have no problem getting a double (unless they are fixed twins). The upper pullmans will not be in use, either up against the wall or tucked into the ceiling and will not be in your way whatsoever. You can only not have a double if you are using the two extra bunk beds.

Unfortunately Bolsover never responded to our request (we had asked them for a reasonable priced cruise within a short time period) Just spoken to P&O they inform me that if you book a Queen bed and they confirm the double it is not guaranteed, and the travel agent should have told us. In all our years cruising we have never been told that if you book a double bed P&O can change it even when booking direct with P&O. Has anyone else ever been told this?

I have always found Bolsover really helpful with all sorts of matters. P&O always fall back on the small print as a get out. If you have paperwork confirming your request then something tucked away in the pages of T&C seem to be unreasonable and I am not sure would stand up in law.

Give Bolsover a chance to respond as they may be wIting on P&O

So was this cruise actually booked with Bolsover or another agent?

So was this cruise actually booked with Bolsover or another agent?

Unfortunately we booked with Thomas Cook. Bolsover never got back to us we did wait a couple of months -we even went into the Bolsover Meadowhall store before we booked with Thomas Cook and they still said there was nothing. Straight from there to Thomas Cook who came up with this cruise in seconds.

Seems silly that you're having to chase P&O direct. Should Thomas Cook not be doing this for you? That's the problem with this type of agent - once they have the booking they're not interested.

Strange that Bolsover couldn't assist as I expect all cruises are available all agents. Unless it was a price thing??

Pleased Thomas Cook eventually sorted out the problem. P&O tried to say we had booked a twin bedded cabin. Then that we had changed it from a queen to a twin eventually decided it was someone at P&O who had changed the wrong persons booking so we now have a normal cabin allocated. I can relax and look forward to the holiday.

Glad to hear this has been sorted. It is amazing how a cabin could be found. I yhink you may find that some TAs are allocated cabins for pax which is why they do not come up as available