Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

#autumnalequinox Goodbye To The Summer

13 posts in this topic

Today September 23rd is apparently the first day Autumn, and as the length of day and night are nearly equal it’s also the Equinox.  We can now wave goodbye to the Summer as the nights draw in.  I love Autumn the colours, build up to Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas and of course my Caribbean Cruise at the end of November (So Excited).

What is your favourite thing about Autumn or do you morn the Summer we never seem to have?

boomboomtime likes this

I love colours of the Autumn leaves but hate the dark mornings. Don't mind dark evenings as I can draw the curtains & watch TV without feeling that I ought to be out in the garden!

Autumn is lovely, like all our seasons.

Clothes to change in the wardrobe, remembering to take a warm jacket now, in the early mornings and on chilly nights out.

My sister and I are planning our Autumn trip to pick the sloes for our Sloe Gin. We're not sure until we go, how good the year will be this year. Last year was a bumper yield when we picked them. Juggling with walking sticks to pull down the branches, trying not too drop too many, all the scratches on hands and arms, and avoiding the stinging nettles in the hedgerows. It's always worth the effort when we relax and sit down to drink it with friends. It makes a good present, but you have to expect all the requests for a top-up.

Changing to a autumn/winter wardrobe this year will be good as I won't have to pack all my summer things away. I shall leave out the clothes for my cruise on a rail. Decision time. 

Hi RiverSong,

I love the build up to all those too.

But I do dislike saying goodbye to the Summer, It seems to tease a little with the odd gloriously warm day, and then I don't want it to go.

However, when its gone and Autumn then Winter takes over I embrace it wherever I can.

My little girl is nearly 3 and its such a brill age for excitement, the parties buying all the goodies for Halloween and Christmas, sparklers last minute for bonfire night.

ooooh, you've set me off now, exciting. biggrin.png

I love the autumn with cold, foggy mornings and dark when getting up and comming in from work. It gets even better when the freezing rain starts with ice making walking so difficult. It makes you really realise why spring and summer are so good.