Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Land Ahoy

A Good Night's Sleep

9 posts in this topic

Hi A good night's sleep help's you relax and adds to the enjoyment of your cruise experience.  Which lines do you consider to have the most and least comfortable beds.  Have you ever had a noisy cabin or had rough seas which prevented you sleeping well.  I'll add my selection:

Most comfortable beds

Cunard, Azamara, Crystal and Silversea

Least Comfortable

Thomson and Fred. Olsen

I never had any major issues with noise but I did find it difficult to get a goodnight's sleep while sailing through hurricane force winds with waves to match on a transatlantic voyage.

wheels36 likes this

Generally sleep as well as at home, but my OH did struggle to sleep on Oriana due to vibration.

I think that there is always going to be noise in some sections of a ship due to flexing, but I suppose that it is all part of this type of holiday.

Tally likes this

Most comfortable beds for me would be Celebrity or Holland America, both excellent. Rough sea conditions have made for interesting nights a few times but nothing I could complain about.

For us the most comfortable beds have been on Holland America. The least comfortable was on the NCL Sun.

I didn't sleep well on the Oriana because of a very uncomfortable vibration. On the Aurora in the Penthouse suite, the bed is very comfortable you can raise the bed at the bottom or the top. I raised it at the bottom which really helped my legs and feet. I found it so quiet and peaceful too. Yes, in rough seas you feel the movement but it didn't affect my sleep. We have been midships on the Aurora too and found it very, very noisy. I felt as if I was surrounded by people banging drawers shut all night.

DavidH likes this

I didn't sleep well on the Oriana because of a very uncomfortable vibration. On the Aurora in the Penthouse suite, the bed is very comfortable you can raise the bed at the bottom or the top. I raised it at the bottom which really helped my legs and feet. I found it so quiet and peaceful too. Yes, in rough seas you feel the movement but it didn't affect my sleep. We have been midships on the Aurora too and found it very, very noisy. I felt as if I was surrounded by people banging drawers shut all night.

Agree with you, Tally, re the Penthouse Suites on Aurora.  We really enjoyed our time in the Library Suite and the bed was great.  The bed area's lofty position on A deck meant it was very peaceful, as you say.

Worst sleeping was when we made a late booking to join friends on Oriana for a month in 2007 and found ourselves immediately under the gymnasium.  The pounding of early morning users of the jogging machines served to spoil any thoughts of lying in.  Taught us a valuable lesson about choosing cabin position, though.

Ventura was one of the worst I have experienced for early morning wake up calls. The holiday was very enjoyable but our superior deluxe balcony on D deck was located towards the rear of the ship and the vibration when going into port often woke us up very early in the mornings.