Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

Have you registered with Saga?

7 posts in this topic

I did my one and only Saga Cruise around the British Isles in 2008...

22139825641_8fb9410afd_z.jpg

Since then I have been inundated with their mail shots and generally file them in the recycle bag instantly.

On return from our holiday in Thailand last week there was one Saga mailing that caught my eye and didn't follow the usual recycle route. 

I had been aware that Saga Cruises had ordered a new cruise ship for delivery in 2019 - rumour has it that an option exists for a second one in 2021. With fewer than 1000 passengers the as yet unnamed all balcony ship is being built in Germany by the Meyer Werft Shipyard.

This particular mailshot was inviting me to make an advance registration of interest and for a small fee - fully refundable - an additional benefit of 5% off the usual discounted price...

22129028855_cd0ccd5113_z.jpg

Nothing to lose really and everything to be gained. I've signed up.

Have any other members tried Saga? Have any also signed up for this new adventure?

I would query the second line....Reserve your seat on one of the ship's first CRUISES! How many first cruises is the ship going to have?

Everything else seems ok, except for that line. Was there any mention of limiting the numbers of interest to 1000 passengers.

Or do they have a cash flow problem?

I hate unsolicited mail and Saga is one company who keeos sending it. On that score I will not be taking part. I also do not consider myself to be old enough to join them.

Good morning Captain.

I find unsolicited mail no real problem and always enjoy flicking through the cruise related items: particularly Bolsover's. It takes seconds to see what is of interest and what isn't. No big deal and it helps keep the Royal mail in business. laugh.png laugh.png

In the meantime, if it hadn't been for this particular 'Unsolicited' mailshot I wouldn't have had the opportunity of signing up to the scheme and making a potential 5% saving.

On your second point re age the rules for saga are quite simple. You have to be 50 years +.

If that rule precludes you then that is fine.

I would query the second line....Reserve your seat on one of the ship's first CRUISES! How many first cruises is the ship going to have?

Everything else seems ok, except for that line. Was there any mention of limiting the numbers of interest to 1000 passengers.

Or do they have a cash flow problem?

Good morning Marie B.

I think you'll find that the wording is a general marketing tactic and will cover the 'Maiden Season'. That is what happened with the new Viking Star Ocean cruise ship of which I also took the opportunity to register early.

Of course, if it doesn't suit there is the cast iron guarantee that the 'registration fee will be fully refunded.

I don't have a problem at all and will be more than happy to sail once again on a 'New' ship.

Perhaps I should have mentioned earlier.

When I telephoned to pay my Registration Fee the agent asked what particular itineraries I would be interested in.

They are obviously gathering a data base of their customers preferences which isn't an altogether bad thing.

Two birds with one stone?wink.png wink.png

Perhaps I should have mentioned earlier.

When I telephoned to pay my Registration Fee the agent asked what particular itineraries I would be interested in.

They are obviously gathering a data base of their customers preferences which isn't an altogether bad thing.

Two birds with one stone?;) ;)

Seems quite a good forward planning tactic to me ....seems to make sense to give potential customers what they want .