Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerfectBlend

Anthem of the Seas

16 posts in this topic

Just returned from 3 nights on Anthem , OMG WOW!

It was fantastic,

We had a balcony stateroom and it was huge, big sofa in and ample space for clothes.

The resturants was great for choice we ate in Chic, Silk and American Icon Grill, the food was amazing.

There is so much choice and things to do onboard for everyone we loved in now looking at harmony! biggrin.png

WAVES and rachel like this

Glad to hear that you had a great time on Anthem Sea Cruiser! I’m yet to see a bad review of her on this forum. What was your favourite thing on ship – if you can choose one that is haha? Would also love to see some photos if you have any smile.png

I was on this cruise too Sea Cruiser. We absolutely loved it. Blown away by her. The food in Silk was delicious! I've only every sailed with P&O before and i loved the choice of complimentary restaurants. 3 nights wasnt enough at all. We will Rock you show was incredible. A must see for anyone going onboard! x

Yes i want to book Harmony already haha!

My favourite thing oh god erm, the shows and the food!

and also the sea plex was fab and north star was amazing!

The food in slik was my favourite!! tongue.png

Get yourself on harmony Nikos, theyve had some great deals on the short cruises from Southampton, Ive booked with Bolsover, give them a call.

Did you manage to get back home (greece) this year?? biggrin.png

Was also on Anthem for the 3 nighter recently. The ship is amazing but I was a little lets down by the service. Nothing too serious that would stop me booking Anthem again, just a few minor niggles. Didn't enjoy the meal in American Icon, the waiters were too casual (making small talk to each other while taking orders). Dinner in The Grande was better, but again, the waiter service was poor. She did not seem to know what was on the menu, forgot to tell us what the soup of the day was, and I kept being given the course that the table next to us had ordered. Also there was large queues waiting to be seated despite the restaurant being half empty. Chic was by far the best. Food fabulous, and the best service we have EVER had. Antonio was brilliant. The Windjammer buffet had less variety than other ships we have been on, but that isn't to say there was not enough choice, Never had a problem finding an empty table. Might as well get all the niggles out of the way. It was hard getting served in the bars we used as there was only one person behind the bar and one waiter serving the tables. I don't know if this was a money saving thing as a lot of people seemed to have a drinks package, so slow service would mean less drinks handed out. Queued for 2 hours to go on the Northstar pod and then it broke down just as it was our turn. We were told to either take our chances and wait to see if they could get it going or try again tomorrow. Things got a little heated with people suggesting a fast track ticket for the people who had waited all that time, but the crew members refused to consider this. Luckily they got it going again before everybody walked off (that would have been annoying). 

Right, on to the positives. Boarding was very fast. The cabins are a bit narrower than usual but perfectly suffice.There is no doubt this ship is packed full of fun and innovative things to do. The Northstar pod gives you an incredible view of the ship and surrounding area. Unfortunately it was not doing a full ride as there were so many people wanting to try it on a short holiday. It normally swings out over the side of the ship, but for this cruise it only went up and turned slightly to port then starboard. The Seaplex is a continuous stream of entertainment for young and old alike. Dodgems is replaced by roller skating, then football or basketball. Above and round the edges are four sections used for X Box, table tennis, air hockey and table football. Just outside is rock climbing, Flowrider and Ripcord. If you don't do Ripcord yourself, I recommend you get your video camera out when the passengers have finished with there turn and the instructor gives them a demonstration of what can be done in there. WOW!!!  No Royal Promenade, but there is something similar, an open area with shops, bars and pub, Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's pizza place around the edges. The shops seemed to concentrate on higher end goods. We Will Rock You was fantastic, so is Spectra's Caberet in the incredible Two 70 room. The show makes use of robots and screens, similar to the ones in the Bionic Bar. The Two 70 is a lovely place to relax during the day too, with a multi level seating area where you can have a drink and look out of the huge rear windows going from one side of the ship to the other. 

So yes, I would definitely cruise on Anthem again, though having to book all your restaurants and entertainment online before boarding is a pain, but essential. The little moans at the beginning may have been down to new and inexperienced crew members, so this will improve with time.

Thanks for the review kite63, shame to hear that you had a few minor niggles with the dining in the American Icon and The Grande but glad to hear that the food and service was great in Chic. Typical that North Star broke down just as it was your turn but great to hear that you managed to get on it without having to come later / another day. Despite all these niggles it still sounds like you had a great time. Do you plan on booking another cruise on Anthem of the Seas anytime soon?

iknowlescourier likes this

No plans yet, Cast ashore, but when the right time, itinerary and price come up, we will definitely be cruising on her again. Sister ship, Ovation of the Seas will set sail next year, I believe. Another note: we spoke to some passengers on board who had sailed on Oasis Class ships, and said they were better than the Quantum Class, but I will reserve that judgement for if we ever sail on one of these.