Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cruise chef

Your best dish onboard

20 posts in this topic

Just wondered from members what they would consider the best dish is that they have eaten onboard, which cruise company was it and was it in a speciality restaurant or in the main dining room?

Best dish is of course subjective to individual tastes, but this question reminded me of a television programme a few years ago when top chefs produced their version of the "worlds best dish", for so called food experts. Despite one of the chefs producing a wonderful "fruits de mer", the rosette was awarded to a chef who offered up the "peasant dish" of elvers.

How's about Steak Tartare prepared table side in Cunard's Princess Grill...

8733864039_de6b27f2aa_z.jpg

8734983252_400961432a_z.jpg

A superb lunch washed down with a nice Catena Alta Malbec.

The fact is that over the years there have been some great meals onboard most cruise ships.

I love fish and this Cunard offering of Halibut and fresh Pak Choi I rated very highly...

9414486158_5d64444ed3_z.jpg

Had a great dish in Sindhu onboard P&O Aurora.

Can't agree more. 

Sindhu has always been another good dining experience.

I particularly love the soft shell crab...

8166494090_01432e7221_z.jpg

Not to everyone's taste of course.

Unfortunately I am a bit of a pig, for sweets, so will often have 2 but one night 2 of us had one each from the whole sweet section! We even followed it up eith cheese and buscuits.

Isn't that the dish I mentioned earlier. I ate mine though rather than take a photo.wink.png

You certainly did mention it earlier Tally.

All the same I was very pleased I took that picture: it came in very useful some months back when there was doubt expressed about the flavours of crab to be had at Sindhu and another P&O Speciality Restaurant

It is difficult to give a best as I have had some excellent meals, usually on the smaller boutique ships. Scenic gave me a memorable meal of "Pasta and Seafood" but I think Majstic take the accolade for their "Parcel of Salmon". The best desert without doubt was a Creme Brûlée on Azamara Quest where the consistency and glazing were perfection personified.

DavidH likes this