Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oceanview

Carinthia Lounge QM2

16 posts in this topic

Queen Mary 2’s Winter Garden shall be transformed into the all new elegant, airy and versatile venue of Carinthia Lounge with a fresh colour palette of powder blue, cream and gold. This new venue will feature a dedicated patisserie counter and a special champagne Afternoon Tea experience. This spacious venue will also transition seamlessly throughout the day from a serving lounge for light breakfast and lunch dishes, to an elegant destination with complimentary tasting plates and premium wines during the evening. Those who have sailed with Queen Mary 2, do you think this is a good move?

Very much so! I felt the Winter Gardens looked so dated in comparison to the rest of the ship.  I think the new look for the whole of the QM2 looks amazing.  Really fresh, clean & elegant

I've never sailed on QM2 so I can't comment on whether it will improve the atmosphere on board or not but from the images and videos I've seen, I agree with Mimosa, the new designs look very nice.

Here's one photo AFC04/03.

Though I've never sailed on QM2, from the images and videos that I have seen the new ideas look fresh, elegant and clean and I have to agree with you Mimosa the whole new look for Queen Mary 2 looks really good.

post-6090-0-12688400-1447346372_thumb.jpg

AFC04/03 likes this

It's the cabins I've been impressed with. They seem to have moved with the times without losing traditional features if that makes sense. I think they've done a good job as I'm sure it took a long time to decide on the style they would go for. As I say, I've never sailed on QM2 but the cabins always look very elegant and glamorous as does the majority of the ship based on photos I've seen but it also carries strong traditions with it and the way they have merged that with a contemporary style for the staterooms is impressive.

recently returned from our first time on QM2 and we really liked the Winter Gardens and will be sorry to see it go perhaps the new Carinthia Longe food options will be at extra cost so another area on a ship lost to the demands of the "bean counters".

Land Ahoy likes this

The only downside I can see is that when you cannot find a seat in Kings Court at lunchtime with your tray in your hands, you will not now be able to go next door to the Winter Gardens for a table and a seat. Hopefully, the passengers frequenting the new Carinthia Lounge will enable and allow for the overcrowding at lunchtimes in the Kings Court Buffet. 

The Winter Gardens are a really nice place to read a book when the weather outside is a bit windy, dull or chilly. Listening to music there, be it calypso bands, piano, harp or String Quartet is so pleasurable. The solo passengers have always met there in the past for Coffee in the morning. 

I really like the Winter Gardens, it is such a relaxing, light and airy space on Queen Mary.

sinbad10 likes this

The only downside I can see is that when you cannot find a seat in Kings Court at lunchtime with your tray in your hands, you will not now be able to go next door to the Winter Gardens for a table and a seat. Hopefully, the passengers frequenting the new Carinthia Lounge will enable and allow for the overcrowding at lunchtimes in the Kings Court Buffet. 

The Winter Gardens are a really nice place to read a book when the weather outside is a bit windy, dull or chilly. Listening to music there, be it calypso bands, piano, harp or String Quartet is so pleasurable. The solo passengers have always met there in the past for Coffee in the morning. 

I really like the Winter Gardens, it is such a relaxing, light and airy space on Queen Mary.

I'm with you there Cornish Girl, particularly using the Winter Garden as an extension of the Kings Court on the odd occasion I need to. Light and airy during the day it was also well suited to, as you say, numerous evening entertainment sessions.

Two I particularly liked was the RADA team's 'Love Poems' recited to the sounds of a string quartet and the extra jazz sessions...

19121629194_b75217e07c_z.jpg

Having said that I'm all for progress and therefore I shall opt for a  'jury out' stance until I get to experience the new venue next July on the short hamburg voyage. wink.png wink.png

Marie B likes this

recently returned from our first time on QM2 and we really liked the Winter Gardens and will be sorry to see it go perhaps the new Carinthia Longe food options will be at extra cost so another area on a ship lost to the demands of the "bean counters".

Good morning Sinbad.

I trust this isn't going to be the only reference to your recent Trans-Atlantic crossing on Queen Mary 2.

After all the previous debate I'm sure the membership, and certainly I, would like to hear haw tou fared.

wink.png wink.png

Good morning Sinbad.

I trust this isn't going to be the only reference to your recent Trans-Atlantic crossing on Queen Mary 2.

After all the previous debate I'm sure the membership, and certainly I, would like to hear haw tou fared.

wink.png wink.png

I fared very well thank you had an excellent cruise and really liked QM2 in its present form.

I fared very well thank you had an excellent cruise and really liked QM2 in its present form.

And that's it? wink.png wink.png