Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Solent Richard

First strike for Black Friday

31 posts in this topic

I was up and out early for my newspaper and Euro lottery ticket this morning.

My local Tesco had this amazing 'Black Friday' deal on the front shelf...

23342372975_95dd918be1_z.jpg 

Six bottles for £45.00. (The time on my till receipt shows 07.32.

Not bad for a start, next up is BT's SIM only deal 2GB data and 500 minutes for just £8.00 a month.

I like it.

Ive been eyeing up a coat online, had an email from the company this morning 20% off everything, the naughty little so and so's have put the prices up, so with 20% its what it was before. naughty naughty... x

Ive been eyeing up a coat online, had an email from the company this morning 20% off everything, the naughty little so and so's have put the prices up, so with 20% its what it was before. naughty naughty... x

For anyone that thinks they are getting a 'deal' or 'bargain' take heed of this post.

This is what all the media is also saying, inflate prices days/weeks before the so called sale so it looks like you are saving mass amounts when in reality you prob aren't!

Happy Shopping everyone! 

JH327 and Popsicle like this

The idea of Black Friday is to give people the impression they are getting a bargain when really they arent. With regards price of champagne Olly Smith did a "blind" testing of all major supermarkets "bargain" champagne in Mail on Sunday last week and top came Aldi at £10-99.

Captain Kidd II, TRY HDEW Cameras for your lense, I recently purchased a new camera body from them and I am more than satisfied, it had a huge saving over the normal camera retailers. Happy Hunting

I was up and out early for my newspaper and Euro lottery ticket this morning.

My local Tesco had this amazing 'Black Friday' deal on the front shelf...

23342372975_95dd918be1_z.jpg

Six bottles for £45.00. (The time on my till receipt shows 07.32.

Not bad for a start, next up is BT's SIM only deal 2GB data and 500 minutes for just £8.00 a month.

I like it.

SR you have made my day smile.png  After reading your post I promptly drove down to my local Teso to stock up on Champers for a little New Years party I'm hosting and have saved ££'s. Thank you and happy shopping everyone!

SR you have made my day smile.png  After reading your post I promptly drove down to my local Teso to stock up on Champers for a little New Years party I'm hosting and have saved ££'s. Thank you and happy shopping everyone!

And mine has been made as well. 

As I logged in there were 20 registered members online and that didn't include 'boys'.

Well done BCC Forum.

I looked at the BT one but its only a saving of £2 a month so won't cause me to rush out and get it…..

Don't think much to P & O's offering either as there is nothing on Arcadia.sad.png

Ah but... My current deal with O2 was costing £11.30 and I was only getting 500MB of Data.

New BT deal completed before lunch gave  2GB Data + 500 anytime minutes for £8.00.

£3.30 a month saving almost paid for this mornings Champagne. wink.png wink.png

It makes buying my own iPhone 6 on a cruise even a better deal as well.

Been stocking up a selection of single malt whisky's for my OH, saved between £10 and £15 a bottle.He is also getting Bose headphones at half price. A 16 g I-pod for my youngest -saving just over £30. Christmas shopping about done and not left the house.

We avoided Black Friday and attended the 'Down Home Country Christmas' show in Grand Rivers, KY. Great live show and a nice meal at Patti's Settlement.

post-5246-0-52487300-1448749998_thumb.jpeg

DavidH and nick1310 like this

I had all my kids christmas prezzies sat in my "wish list" ready to purchase on friday (pay day more than black friday!).  On Thursday I noticed the prices all went up!  Thought I would spend the weekend looking through other websites to find it all cheaper again.  But on Saturday when I sat down to look through the web i noticed the prices had come back down again.  All a little suspect if you ask me huh.png