Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaguar01

What will the outcome be ?.

18 posts in this topic

Hello, Some time ago Solent Richard was singing the praises of the travel insurance company we are with.We had to cancel our cruise on Queen Elizabeth 7th November when I became ill .They, the medics are still a little baffled. We finally got the claim form back from the surgery today. Lets see how good they really are. Rearrange this well known phrase or saying : breath hold don't. What a cynic.  

Rodger.

Oldworldtraveller, Bailey and JH327 like this

I went thru the same thing in Dec 2013. Had to cancel 2 cruises back to back because of my surgery. It all worked out with the insurance company--no problems at all.

Good luck to you. We hope it works out for you, as well!

Hello, Some time ago Solent Richard was singing the praises of the travel insurance company we are with.We had to cancel our cruise on Queen Elizabeth 7th November when I became ill .They, the medics are still a little baffled. We finally got the claim form back from the surgery today. Lets see how good they really are. Rearrange this well known phrase or saying : breath hold don't. What a cynic.  

Rodger.

So sorry you had to cancel your cruise; I hope that you are soon feeling better and "back at sea"!

Jumping the gun a bit I think. There is no problem yet as far as I am aware.

I don't know the company you are referring to: we were/are with Staysure. On September 10th we had to cancel our cruise three days before departure because my wife needed tests for cancer. We made our claim and received the money two few weeks ago. It is a pain filling in the forms and getting the doctor's form filled in, but they aren't going to give £3000+ back without the correct info. Get real!

Also, just to note, Celebrity paid back our pre-ordered drinks package and booked trips within seven days.

Not bad service all round methinks.

RayO

Rodger.

Gosh, looks like my neck is on the line.

And there's me thinking of returning to Saga now that I'm nearly 70. laugh.png laugh.png

JH327 likes this

Jumping the gun a bit I think. There is no problem yet as far as I am aware.

I don't know the company you are referring to: we were/are with Staysure. On September 10th we had to cancel our cruise three days before departure because my wife needed tests for cancer. We made our claim and received the money two few weeks ago. It is a pain filling in the forms and getting the doctor's form filled in, but they aren't going to give £3000+ back without the correct info. Get real!

Also, just to note, Celebrity paid back our pre-ordered drinks package and booked trips within seven days.

Not bad service all round methinks.

RayO

Hi Ray.

I think it is Staysure that Rodger is referring to. That's my current company.

I like them because you can opt out of conditions that you know are unlikely to recur thereby reducing your premium.

Hello everyone and thank you of course for your good wishes.Terminator stand by.I think Ray you comments were over the top.Whilst I am not a fan of insurance companies my post was meant to have a light hearted side to it.I have to say I did find your response a little rude.

Rodger.

Terminator, wheels36 and hturtle like this

I have got very negative generally about all types of insurance and now try to go through a broker wherever possible, leaving them to be on top of "Terms and Conditions" if they want to retain my business. Storm damage is one of the worst, if your window gets blown out then no problem, but damaged and still standing and you have a struggle.

Hello, On 2 December I was mildly chastised by Ray o " jumping the gun a bit " in relation to my insurance claim.

Well it is now January 6th. Where is my money ?.

JH327 likes this

I know a lot of people criticise Insurance that you get with your bank account but we had cause to use our insurance from the bank due to an illness 2 weeks before our cruise and we waited 3 weeks before we where refunded in full a seamless process, I don't know if we where lucky but we have always used it.

Hope you get a response soon.wink.png

Hello ron, soon came today thank you. I am though a little dismayed they will not refund the £45 paid to the Doctor. It is of course in the small print, But of course without it you not get anywhere,

Rodger.

I am sure paying for the doctor plus excess, if any, is a small price to pay against the cist of the holiday. Be positive as now you can plan another great cruise and have something to look forward to.

A couple of years back I was in the same position and ended up booking an unexpexted cruise that turned out to be one of the best. I hooe you are as lucky.