Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Solent Richard

Nice Touch - Thank you Bolsover

80 posts in this topic

This weekend just gone I celebrated a special birthday.

Imagine my delight to receive in Saturday's post a really good quality personal birthday card from Bolsover Cruise Club. A really nice touch and much appreciated.

The postman also delivered personalised cards from P&O and Hapag-Lloyd while I receive e-cards from Silversea and Cunard.

Arn't birthdays fun.

Thanks again Bolsover Cruise Club.

buddy, RobBar, Maddie3 and 3 others like this

Happy Birthday Richard. What a nice touch, we have not received cards for the last couple of years even though we have been on board on our birthdays. I thought it was another cost cutting measure. My OH was however given a free cocktail from the bar manager in the glass house for his birthday which he said was much better than a card.

RobBar likes this

Belated happy birthday Richard.

Cunard missed a trick..they could have sent you telegrams from 3 Queens...

biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Maddie3 likes this

One birthday gift I received was a Jamón Serrano...

23218454609_7d7ae29df0_z.jpg

...which would have presented a small problem had we not been cruising out of Barcelona last week. Where better a place to purchase an authentic Serrano carving stand...

23722358651_1ca142407d_z.jpg

That added 4.5 kilos to our luggage but not a problem as we had a BA scheduled flight home. wink.png wink.png 

DavidH and AFC04/03 like this

One birthday gift I received was a Jamón Serrano...

23218454609_7d7ae29df0_z.jpg

...which would have presented a small problem had we not been cruising out of Barcelona last week. Where better a place to purchase an authentic Serrano carving stand...

23722358651_1ca142407d_z.jpg

That added 4.5 kilos to our luggage but not a problem as we had a BA scheduled flight home. wink.png wink.png 

There's an amusing anecdote to the purchase of the stand but I'll leave that till later when I've commissioned it into use. laugh.png