Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cruise addict

Tea & Coffee making facilities

32 posts in this topic

I am very interested in a cruise on the Braemar. We have never cruises with Fred Olsen and wondered if there were tea and coffee making facilities in the cabins. Can anyone let me know.

Thanks

Irene 

Hi cruise addict. We went on Braemar last June & she is a lovely ship. All the cabins have complimentary tea & coffee making facilities. It was our 1st time with Fred & we loved it.

kerry304 likes this

Not sure about the Bramaer however I was on Balmorel earlier in the year and there was definitely tea and coffe making facilities in our cabin so I would presume all FRed Olsen ships were the same

Tea and Coffee making facilities in cabins has never been an issue to me. If they are there so be it.

I'd much prefer having a good room service to deliver same.

Having said that, and having just returned from a cruise that provided an outstanding coffee machine in the stateroom, I guess they do have a value...

23548633630_351fd56f17_z.jpg

RobBar likes this

Tea and Coffee making facilities in cabins has never been an issue to me. If they are there so be it.

I'd much prefer having a good room service to deliver same.

Having said that, and having just returned from a cruise that provided an outstanding coffee machine in the stateroom, I guess they do have a value...

23548633630_351fd56f17_z.jpg

And what was more, the coffee capsules were provided in a variety of blends,unlimited supply and complimentary.

Another plus for Viking.

Thank you. I think I will now book the cruise

Hello I hope I am misunderstanding this.

It sounds like you are to book a cruise simply because it has tea making ? surely I am wrong.

RobBar likes this

In fairness Richard with the cheapest cabins at £200-£300 pppn depending on itinerary would you expect anything less?

Interesting comment Oldworldtraveller.

I recently read a review somewhere else, and you'll know where, where a machine was provided but the capsules were charged for.

Now this was in one of Costa's top Samsara suites and I'd hazard guess they cost more per person per night than what I paid for Viking Star: which you would be pleasantly surprised about but I could not possibly comment.

wink.png wink.png

Oldworldtraveller likes this

And what was more, the coffee capsules were provided in a variety of blends,unlimited supply and complimentary.

Another plus for Viking.

Complimentary? Matey you have paid well for your capsules in your fare!

Surely you are not that naïve or stupid!

sinbad10 likes this

Interesting comment Oldworldtraveller.

I recently read a review somewhere else, and you'll know where, where a machine was provided but the capsules were charged for.

Now this was in one of Costa's top Samsara suites and I'd hazard guess they cost more per person per night than what I paid for Viking Star: which you would be pleasantly surprised about but I could not possibly comment.

wink.png wink.png

A review? I thought that cruise was still ongoing.

Love my tea and coffee in my stateroom. Would not dream of using room service to prepare a drink in the rooms. Remember nothing is complementary as it is all factored into the price including the buscuits with the drinks and the night time chocolate on the pillow.

sinbad10 and ron like this

Complimentary? Matey you have paid well for your capsules in your fare!

Surely you are not that naïve or stupid!

Well certainly not as naive as those who would pay for a top suite and then have to carry the coffee capsules in their luggage.

laugh.png laugh.png

A review? I thought that cruise was still ongoing.

And well it may be but I haven't noticed you commenting on it.

That is, under the same name you use on this forum. 

Again, rule No. 1 applies: If in a hole, stop digging.

Love my tea and coffee in my stateroom. Would not dream of using room service to prepare a drink in the rooms. Remember nothing is complementary as it is all factored into the price including the buscuits with the drinks and the night time chocolate on the pillow.

Each to their own Cap'n.

There's just something really nice when room service is but a phone call away.

And well it may be but I haven't noticed you commenting on it.

That is, under the same name you use on this forum. 

Again, rule No. 1 applies: If in a hole, stop digging.

Like wise, comments from you, at least under the name you use on this forum are scarce too.

Now that you are in the hole, keep digging hopefully the sides will cave in!

TraceyA likes this

Well certainly not as naive as those who would pay for a top suite and then have to carry the coffee capsules in their luggage.

laugh.png laugh.png

I wouldn't think that as naïve at all! I think it shows initiative, smartness and a certainly level of entrepreneurship. As significant saving - as you say every little helps!

However, it won't do much for Costa's profits ergo Carnival's share price. More's the pity because I do enjoy by shareholder OBC. Chris and I had a very nice treat with our last dividend payment. I look forward to the next one!

Surely the provision of a coffee maker and capsules negates the need for a room service to deliver same? May I suggest that those of you who have an issue with some responses to the thread, contact admin with your concerns.

I wouldn't think that as naïve at all! I think it shows initiative, smartness and a certainly level of entrepreneurship. As significant saving - as you say every little helps!

However, it won't do much for Costa's profits ergo Carnival's share price. More's the pity because I do enjoy by shareholder OBC. Chris and I had a very nice treat with our last dividend payment. I look forward to the next one!

That's amazing. My dividend on my 150 shareholding was £29.84 after tax last month (yes I know, its paid quarterly) which I normally treat as just 'petty cash'.

I place more store in the OBCs I receive when cruising, two this year: £150.00 on Britannia and $150.00 on Queen Mary 2.

As for the 'ergo' Carnival share price I'm more than happy with that as well. Up 74p yesterday and now riding on a year high of £38.74; or if you prefer, a £21.09 profit since I purchased them.