Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheels36

Fathom speculation.

12 posts in this topic

Speculation has started regarding the Fathom business idea, with subtle alterations to the concept and price reductions indicating a less than enthusiastic response from the public than was envisaged (assuming Carnival had some positive market research).

I doubt that P&O will get to see Adonia again, more likely the ship would be quietly sold with possibly a name change included in the sale contract. Fred Olsen may well be watching on the sidelines.

This is an article I found on the subject. Is 'voluntourism' cruise line Fathom struggling to sell concept to customers?

Would P&O want Adonia back? I don't think so. It is small and expensive to run and would not probably fit in with their vision of attracting new, younger cruisers. Yes, some of the Adonia 'fans' would welcome her back but in the greater scheme of things they are I believe in a very small minority. Just my personal opinion as always. ;)

wheels36 likes this

I always thought this idea had not been thought through.How many people really want to pay to what is to all intents WORK whilst being a Holiday not my idea of fun !!huh.png

sinbad10 likes this

Sounds a bit like those taking a gap year but living on water…… ok I know its only for a week or so but you get my gist…

But paying for the privilege  REALLY !!!!ohmy.png ohmy.png

I think Fred's would LOVE Adonia, but I get the feeling they won't be getting her....

Personally I can't 'Fathom' this 'Fathom' idea out. It's the most awkward departure for a cruise line... essentially paying to stay in 4/5 star luxury then trot off to 'help' the impoverished. Doesn't sit well with me at all.

sinbad10 and rachel like this

Personally I can't 'Fathom' this 'Fathom' idea out. It's the most awkward departure for a cruise line... essentially paying to stay in 4/5 star luxury then trot off to 'help' the impoverished. Doesn't sit well with me at all.

Its a bit like when a person goes and volunteers overseas and has to pay for their flights and accommodation, yet many do it and maybe this is where the idea emanated from.

Good evening wheels36 and firstly a Happy New Year to you.

The post you have quoted is not mine so not sure what to make of your post. wink.png

OWT

A happy new year to you too OWT.

I think that if I cannot manage to hit the correct quote button I should probably be looking to cut down on the vino this year.

Oldworldtraveller likes this