Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheels36

Safe alcohol limits.

17 posts in this topic

According to the latest advice from the UKs Chief Medical Officer there is no safe alcohol limit, as the recommended unit allowances for males are reduced from 21 to 14 units, in line with female allowances.

If the new recommendation of a glass of wine a day is sound, then how do the French live so long with the copious amount of vino that they consume?

Or Solent Richard reaching the ripe old age of 70. laugh.png laugh.png

21506621925_de0d626343_z.jpg

Cheers.

9084070688_d57071859f_z.jpg

hturtle and wheels36 like this

If the new recommendation of a glass of wine a day is sound, then how do the French live so long with the copious amount of vino that they consume?

Excellent point wheels36 and its not only France. Look at the rest of the Mediterrainean countries and places like Bulgaria from where certain regions grape vines originated. 

wheels36 likes this

We won't be allowed to do anything soon!

Everything in moderation is my motto!

Oh I don't know popsicle.

There was money to be made during prohibition. biggrin.png

hturtle and Popsicle like this

Thinking along the new guidelines Keith Floyd 'god rest him' shouldnt have lived beyond 20!!!!!

We are always told what is safe or not but like everything it spoils the enjoyment

wheels36 likes this

Hi  The reduction in the alcohol level is only a recommendations and it's up to you to either ignore the advise or take it on board. Many of this forum criticize smokers for partaking in their perfectly lawful habit even when they follow the instructions to smoke only in dedicated areas.  It's all down to individual choice, if you wish to drink more than the recommended alcohol limits the individual isn't doing anything illegal.

wheels36 likes this

If the UK's CMO says there is no safe alcohol limit then lets hope the next step will be 'zero' tolerance with regard to drinking and driving.

I completely agree!

Regarding safe levels of alcohol consumption I would recommend having a look at the Cancer Research UK website where there is an article covering exactly this & giving a full explanation as to why alcohol causes cancer.......make your own mind up !

I Think it is very clear !

A valid point Northern Star, I only have one issue with all the research and if we were to believe everything we wouldn't eat, drink or sometimes leave the house for our own safety. It's simple everything in moderation, as sometimes we are told drinking red wine has health benefits too.

A valid point Northern Star, I only have one issue with all the research and if we were to believe everything we wouldn't eat, drink or sometimes leave the house for our own safety. It's simple everything in moderation, as sometimes we are told drinking red wine has health benefits too.

I think it is best to make ones own decisions as you say everything in moderation !