Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loula

No fly cruise to Canada

6 posts in this topic

I have been looking for a cruise from the UK to Canada, saw one sailing to New York then the Amtrak train to Toronto which I want to include as I have relations there.  Think it was out on a Princess and back on the Queen Mary.  They did it last year but want to go this autumn or next year.  Cannot see anything which is just typical.   Can anyone tell me if this is possible?  Only one I can see is to New England and Canada this year.  Don't want to fly at all.

Queen Mary 2 does regular sailings to and from New York. Look at the schedule and pick one out and one back to give you the time you want out there.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/results/?tids=TRAN

Brian

Done it many times but instead of staying on QM2 for the Canadian leg we stayed in New York and re-embarked, when QM2 returned to New York, for the voyage home.

Should give 5 days for Amtrak return journey.

P&O does one once a year, think its on the Arcadia this year

But does not go to Toronto as too big to go down the St Lawrence seaway.

Brian

Looking at some random dates in September, Amtrak return from New York City to Toronto seems to be $274 in a reserved seat and takes about 12 hours each way.  I have done the journey by bus, and while it was cheaper it was not the best experience.  It was fine until the State Troopers were called because a passenger claimed another had stolen her purse.  This caused a three hour delay and seeing the troopers with guns drawn was pretty scary for law abiding Canadians!  We prefer to fly or drive, which we did quite often during the five years when our son lived in NYC.

Sheila