Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cast ashore

Blue Monday

15 posts in this topic

Today is supposedly the most miserable day of the year, and in recent years has become known as Blue Monday. So on this ‘Blue Monday’ where would you like to be right now? I’d love to be on a sunny beach, don’t care where just somewhere warm and sunny!

Go and get some Fish & Chips Terminator that will put the smile back on your face, and hopefully get the circulation back to your feet

It could be worse you could be at work in the middle of the country on a trading estate where the views aren't even worth looking at!!!!!!

Go and get some Fish & Chips Terminator that will put the smile back on your face, and hopefully get the circulation back to your feet

It could be worse you could be at work in the middle of the country on a trading estate where the views aren't even worth looking at!!!!!!

Best fish and chips in the country..but I'll be boogered if I'm sticking them on my tootsies..

Hi All,

Spent the day driving The Big Sur, California Route 1, in the pouring rain. Not quite what I'd hoped for when planning this trip but an exhilerating challenge none the less. Certainly keeps one alert when constantly avoiding rock falls and land slips!!

Any thoughts of a Blue Monday were completely dispelled when we were selected to be "Guests of Honor" (correct spelling in these parts) in our Carmel hotel's Italian restaurant and received complementary sparkling water, taster selection of starters and taster desert, all on the house. Have to say the food was as good as anything we've eaten in the USA - and we've been here many times!! A local Monterey Pinot Noir from the Hahn family winery, as recommended by our waiter, was the perfect accompaniment.

DavidH

KeithnRita and wheels36 like this

Glad to hear that despite the pouring rain during your trip along The Big Sur, California Route 1 it was still an exhilarating experience for you. And what a lovely surprise to be selected as Guest of Honour in your hotel.

DavidH likes this