Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Trewly Yours

Evening wear onboard Britannia

6 posts in this topic

my husband and I are cruising for the first time onboard Britannia from Southampton in September and were wondering how formal he needs to dress in the evening? I have a selection of dresses and love to dress up but does he wear a suit on non gala evenings or just trousers/jeans and an open shirt?

John Atkinson likes this

my husband and I are cruising for the first time onboard Britannia from Southampton in September and were wondering how formal he needs to dress in the evening? I have a selection of dresses and love to dress up but does he wear a suit on non gala evenings or just trousers/jeans and an open shirt?

see from The P&O Website and links contained there in .

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/life-on-board/dress_code

Brittania is just like all the other ship regarding dress codes. Formal evenings means just that. Dinner Jacket and black tie for men and elegant dresses for the ladies.  P&O have dropped the smart jacket and tie evenings although, there in nothing to stop you so dressing if you wish to do. The rest of the evening are shirts and casual trousers, which will suit your husband. Usually, casual wear is on port days and formal when at sea.

I hope this helps,

John A

Welcome to the forum.

A few years ago the "base" dress code was "jacket and tie" with casual nights reserved for the first / last night of the cruise and a few "busy" ports.  In recent years this has moved on so that "smart casual" is now the base dress code.  I think this is true across many different cruise lines.  There are also plenty of videos on-line so that you can actually see what folk generally wear.

I would say that it is still controversial as to when "denim jeans" are sufficiently smart!

I hope that you enjoy your cruise and make sure to use of the forum to ensure you get as much as possible out of it.

There are only 2 codes now:

For formal it is dinner jacket or Tux. Ladies tend to wear long but short cocktail dresses is becoming a norm.

Smart casual does not have exist. Men wear casual trousers and open neck shirts. You can get away with smart dark denim. On casual nights you can dress up as much as you want as some pax casual is another one's smart casual.

The link given by pennbank will help you.