Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

Piers Morgan v Travel Industry

7 posts in this topic

Piers Morgan a one man army that courts controversy for the sake of his own amusement at times has now taken time out from his managerial roll at Arsenal to voice his opinion on travel firms and airlines ripping us all off at term time.  This would hold credence if the individual concerned didn’t spend his holidays in the world’s top hotels flying business class.  The interview with ABTA on Good Morning Britain, was for them to highlight that maybe Term Time should be spread out more across the regions instead Piers used it as a platform to attack the industry for its pricing policy!

I like many agree that the hike at school holidays is a joke, but on hearing it from him found myself disagreeing, it’s all down to supply and demand after all isn’t it?

So did anyone else witness this interview and if so what is your view?

JH327, Falmouthgirl and wheels36 like this

The travel industry is a market, and it conforms to market rules in that the vendor sells at the highest price they can get.

We suffer as my wife works in a school, but we accept the market laws of "supply and demand".

RiverSong likes this

yes the man is a worm

...and has been very lucky to get away with his stewardship during the Daily Mirror phone hacking scandal. He didn't get away with the publishing of those fake military pictures though...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/the-fakes-that-finished-an-editor-and-the-truth-that-wont-go-away-563576.html

...and was rightly sacked. 

RiverSong, Falmouthgirl and sinbad like this

Thats a bit of a cheek when his beloved Arsenal charge the biggest prices to get into to watch a game of football

Head in the Clouds & double standard sounds like a previosuly questionable newspaper editor to me or someone who thinks they have celebrity clout

RiverSong likes this