Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Kidd II

Princess cruises

7 posts in this topic

So I'm bored reading all about the moans and groans of P&O so can anyone give me opinion on what it is like to sail with Princess? I would still go from Southampton. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this cruise line.

If you have been on Azura or Ventura the Princess ships are the same design. The passengers and crew are multinational which makes conversation more interesting. The food is more to our taste, there is more seafood and the steaks are far better. Alcoholic drinks seem more expensive but are larger measures and they do a great soft drinks package £4.81 a day if bought before you go gets you all the soft drinks you can drink including smoothies, juices,milkshakes,cocktails and hot choc. We usually find our bar bill lower for 2 weeks on Princess. Entertainment is often not as good as P&O but they do use the movies under the stars well. If you have a few cruises on P&O under your belt you may find you have quite a few points already on their excellent loyalty scheme. We were on Elite tier straight away-but only med on P&O. Check online-the benefits are very good. The downside is they only do a few itineraries from Southampton and when you have done them all you want to go somewhere different and end up looking at P&O again. 

Captain Kidd II likes this

I've done a couple of journey's with princess before and to be honest I prefer them to P&O. Alcohol as Seawitch advises is more expensive but the duty free prices onboard were considerably less. Food wise certainly more choice and if chocloate is your poison the do a chocoholics buffet day which starts at breakfast usualy to the rear of the ship. If you buy one of the speciality hot drinks card this will give you unlimited filter coffee or tea 24 hrs a day on top of the speciality drinks which I think includes hot chocolate. With some of the information I received recently for my forthcoming trip you can also now pay an all inclusive package for all the drinks so another option to think about.

Movies under the stars was an education going to the baltic as it was chilly on deck but at least they provided blankets for the die hards wanting to watch the film

Worth a shout Captain Kidd as I'm sure you will enjoy the food and the service I have always found to be excellent

Captain Kidd II likes this

When I did princess I thought the food was better than P&O as there was more choice. The speciality restaurants were brilliant. As mentioned above the crew and passengers are multi national. I only watched one show onboard and it wasn't for me.

We have been on princess cruises quite a few times now from Southampton no problems very good although the check in is not as good as p&o, but saying that our last princess cruise was early 2015 so things may have changed, watch this spot as we are going again in June and September .

oops pressed the wrong button!! Food very good steaks always good our ship by the way was the emerald which like for like is near enough the same as P&O Ventura- Azura, not really sure about the brittania yet seems to be getting more negative points, but! I cannot say as I've not been on her, one day though