Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KeithnRita

Valentine Day

15 posts in this topic

In honor of Valentine Day on Sunday:

The Top 10 Most Romantic Movie Lines

1. "I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met."

--Nick Mercer to Kat Ellis in "The Wedding Date"

2. "You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed. Forever."

--Jamie Randall in "Love & Other Drugs"

3. "Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

--Hitch in "Hitch"

4. "It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I'd ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like magic."

--Sam Baldwin in "Sleepless in Seattle"

5. "I wish I knew how to quit you."

--Jack Twist to Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain"

6. "Our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it."

--Landon Carter in "A Walk to Remember"

7. "If you're a bird, I'm a bird."

--Noah Calhoun to Allie Hamilton in "The Notebook"

8. "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone."

--Arwen to Aragorn in "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"

9. "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

--Harry Burns to Sally Albright in "When Harry Met Sally"

10. "After all, I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."

--Anna Scott to William Thacker in "Notting Hill"

dancefloordemon likes this

Only issue with Valentines Day is ensuring you have bought chocolates, a card and a gift your wife has never had prior. Which leaves two issues, not forgetting and having enough monies, 

To those that say it is the thought that counts, nothing else then you will find them probably under a field of tulips or such :)

KeithnRita likes this

When we had our restaurant I disliked Valentines Night.

Every couple wanted a table for two which meant sacrificing a number of the larger table configurations.

Go on, call me scrooge.  laugh.png laugh.png

KeithnRita, JH327 and RobBar like this

In honor of Valentine Day on Sunday:

The Top 10 Most Romantic Movie Lines

1. "I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met."

--Nick Mercer to Kat Ellis in "The Wedding Date"

2. "You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed. Forever."

--Jamie Randall in "Love & Other Drugs"

3. "Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

--Hitch in "Hitch"

4. "It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I'd ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like magic."

--Sam Baldwin in "Sleepless in Seattle"

5. "I wish I knew how to quit you."

--Jack Twist to Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain"

6. "Our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it."

--Landon Carter in "A Walk to Remember"

7. "If you're a bird, I'm a bird."

--Noah Calhoun to Allie Hamilton in "The Notebook"

8. "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone."

--Arwen to Aragorn in "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"

9. "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

--Harry Burns to Sally Albright in "When Harry Met Sally"

10. "After all, I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."

--Anna Scott to William Thacker in "Notting Hill"

I love you two so much :)

KeithnRita and RobBar like this

Every couple wanted a table for two which meant sacrificing a number of the larger table configurations.

I know what you mean Richard, I also work in a restaurant and i dread this weekend! tables of 2 are so much harder to serve than bigger tables!

RobBar likes this

My Valentine worked out perfectly. We spent time in London, took in some great pubs, watched Chelsea thrash Newcastle (see the sports thread), and dined like there was no tomorrow.

RobBar likes this

Dare one say Unromantic wub.png rolleyes.gif   

Dare one say Unromantic wub.png rolleyes.gif   

On the contrary Rob, from 55 covers to around 36 saw a big drop in income. I was in business running a restaurant, not a 'love' factory. wacko.png biggrin.png

RobBar likes this

My Valentine worked out perfectly. We spent time in London, took in some great pubs, watched Chelsea thrash Newcastle (see the sports thread), and dined like there was no tomorrow.

We had a great diner at one of our favorite restaurants way out in the boondocks and then drove into the city for our Metro Dance Club Valentine dance.

On the contrary Rob, from 55 covers to around 36 saw a big drop in income. I was in business running a restaurant, not a 'love' factory. wacko.png biggrin.png

ha ha ,, perhaps the menu offered could have been Lobster with Chocolate romantic special  

We had a great diner at one of our favorite restaurants way out in the boondocks and then drove into the city for our Metro Dance Club Valentine dance.

The 'Metro Dance Club' sounds wonderful KeithnRita.

What kind of dancing?

The 'Metro Dance Club' sounds wonderful KeithnRita.

What kind of dancing?

The Metro is one of three ballroom dance clubs we belong to. It and the Friday Night Dance Club are held monthly with recorded music by a DJ. The dress is semi-formal and the main dances are foxtrot, waltz, rumba, east & west coast swing, night club two step and cha-cha-cha. We've added some line dances to please the younger members.

Our formal dance club is called the 'Coterie of Evansville' http://coterie.info/aboutus.html

The music is live bands and orchestras. The dress is formal. Same dances as the other clubs without the night club two step and line dances. Also samba, tango, bolero and other dances. We have 5 dances per year. This club is shrinking in size as the members die off. The younger crowd does not like the strict dance code. We have videos posted on You Tube, just search 'Coterie of Evansville'

wheels36 likes this

The Metro is one of three ballroom dance clubs we belong to. It and the Friday Night Dance Club are held monthly with recorded music by a DJ. The dress is semi-formal and the main dances are foxtrot, waltz, rumba, east & west coast swing, night club two step and cha-cha-cha. We've added some line dances to please the younger members.

Our formal dance club is called the 'Coterie of Evansville' http://coterie.info/aboutus.html

The music is live bands and orchestras. The dress is formal. Same dances as the other clubs without the night club two step and line dances. Also samba, tango, bolero and other dances. We have 5 dances per year. This club is shrinking in size as the members die off. The younger crowd does not like the strict dance code. We have videos posted on You Tube, just search 'Coterie of Evansville'

West coast swing and Argentine tango are gaining popularity in the UK.

I think that young people will learn the dances if there is regular tuition available.

RobBar likes this