Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kell74

Bali VOA

7 posts in this topic

Hello ,

This is my first ever cruise and as part of that cruise we will be in port at Bali for 9 hrs.

I understand that you can purchase a VOA (visa on arrival ) but as I have a minor criminal charge from 20+yrs ago my question is

Can I get into Bali just purchasing a VOA or do I need to apply for a full visa ?

Hello ,

This is my first ever cruise and as part of that cruise we will be in port at Bali for 9 hrs.

I understand that you can purchase a VOA (visa on arrival ) but as I have a minor criminal charge from 20+yrs ago my question is

Can I get into Bali just purchasing a VOA or do I need to apply for a full visa ?

Good morning Kell.

I have travelled to Bali on many occasions, mostly for scuba diving.

On each occasion I have obtained a Visa on Arrival and have never had to answer any questions likely to debar my entry.

The simple fact is that the Indonesians are very keen to take your money.

Hope that helps. It's a great island to visit.

HALaP&O, Rum+Sun and nick1310 like this

If you are entering Bali from a cruise ship then the entry visa is charged to your account and is obtained for you . At least it was by Princess in 2011

Your passport  will be collected by your cabin steward a day or so prior with a receipt upon leaving Bali it is returned to you and a visa is in the passport stamped.

We entered via Benoa  and it was a tender port ,, very beautiful , inside the hall was tourism information , stalls and money exchange. We exchanged US$ so we had monies for small purchases and tips for tour..  

hturtle likes this

We've passed through many of the Indonesian Islands and ports many times over, on our various cruises in the region, and up and down to/from Australia too.

We've always allowed the cruise line concerned at the time to handle the Visa process for us.

I've also had a VOA on landing at Denpasar (Bali) in 2008, on a land/beach holiday and that wasn't a problem either.

No forms or questionnaires to fill in: My info was picked up from the chip in my passport, and that quickly produced a printed sticky Visa label that was stuck in my passport, complete with arrival date and expiry date.

The whole process must have taken under a minute.   

Enjoy your brief stay!