Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2torts

API

6 posts in this topic

We are flying to Spain with Thomson in March & have provided our api as usual. We are going again in the summer with Thomas Cook but when I tried to give our api on line it said it was not needed on that route. I checked in a Thomas Cook shop & the assistant said that it is no longer necessary for Spain & the website no longer requires api except for a few non European countries. I cannot find any information on line that things have changed & am worried that we will have problems at the airport. Does anyone know anything about api for Europe?

I don't have any specific experience as I have never flown with Thomas Cook to Spain.

You may have found that by searching online there has been some discussion of this, although I could not easily see a conclusion. You could join one of these conversations. Alternatively you could email Thomas Cook and get a written response, and you could also ask at the airport when you check-in for your March flight.

I had a look at the Thomas Cook website and found this, but I'm sure that you have already found the same thing.  (I entered your airline and any other destination.)

https://www.thomascook.com/customer-services/api-airlines/

If nobody on this forum has experience then you could try a forum devoted to travel to Spain.

We have just returned from a Thomas Cook holiday in Lanzarote. No API needed.The website is unclear on that so we did an online chat which confirmed this but we took a copy of the web chat with us to the airport just in case. Not needed and check in was straightforward.

Advance Passenger Information (API) What is Advance Passenger Information?

Advance Passenger Information is a requirement of several countries around the world to tighten-up who travels to their country. Passengers are required to provide a variety of information if flying to:

1. UK - from/to USA, UAE, Thailand, South Africa, Pakistan, Jamaica, Kenya, Iran, Syria, Morocco
  2. Spain
  3. Antigua, Barbados, Greneda, Jamacia, St.Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago
  4. USA
  5. Canada
  6. Mexico
  7. China
  8. Japan

In addition to the UK Government requirements, the Governments of the countries listed below require collection of API information from all passengers:

1. China
  2. India
  3. Japan
  4. South Africa
  5. United Arab Emirates
  6. USA
  7. Mexico
  8. Canada
  9. Spain
  10. Caribbean (CARICOM states): Grenada, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados