Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

aruba1

when to book transfer coach

15 posts in this topic

Hi.  My name is Steph & I am new to the forum.  I will be cruising to the Med with my partner at the end of May & have decided to travel by coach to Southampton

with Eavesway because of the good feedback. 

Please could someone tell me how soon I should book the 2 seats on the coach as I can't find any information about this anywhere.  Due to budgeting I want to wait as long  as possible but also, don't want to miss out on getting the 2 seats either.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Steph and welcome to the forum.

I think usually that it is better to book your coach as soon as possible. However if you have to leave it a short while make sure that it is no later than four weeks prior to travel. 

Eavesway are very good and I have been known to be able to book a week before travel if I have managed to get a late deal but I did have someone on standby to drive me if I couldn't get on the coach. If you are concerned you can always give Eavesway a ring and they will advise you when the cut off date is for your particular cruise.

I hope you have a brilliant time.

TPP cool.png

RobBar likes this

Welcome to the forum. My advice would be to book the coach as soon as you have booked your cruise then you can relax and look forward to your holiday. Eavesway are a good company and very helpful.

Welcome to the forum, Steph, I would suggest you consider booking once you have fully paid for the cruise. As Pesky says, if you cannot afford to pay at this point then I would certainly book no later than 4 weeks prior to departure.

Welcome to the forum, unless they put on extra buses at the last moment , much like airlines , book now . You want piece of mind as you just made a sizable investment for your cruise and insurances. Once you have it all done , then you and all can have fun planning your trip

All good advice. However, from my experience with them, you book two seats but not the location of the seats. You take pot luck on boarding - there may be two together but equally, there may not.

RobBar likes this

HI Steph

P&O use Coach Connect, details below

Coach Connect (operated by Intercruises) operate coach services from various points throughout the UK in conjunction with cruises which depart from and/or return to Southampton, including the full world cruises, but excluding one and two night cruises.  Details of these services, including prices, can be found in all main P&O Cruises brochures, with your final travel documents, direct from Coach Connect or we will be happy to supply details on request. These services are available at a supplementary charge and should be booked direct as follows:-

Telephone : 08433 742246

We've used Cruise Connect & Eavesway but for us Eavesway were far superior. The coach was more comfortable, the driver was very helpful & it stopped for a break after about 2 hrs unlike CC which on the journey from Southampton to Birmingham airport only stopped about 10 miles from the end.

Go with Eavesway! Last we cruised we got Cruise Connect as part of the fare. On return journey from Southampton the driver attempted a non stop drive to Nottingham and only after several passengers complained did he stop - at a petrol station which had just one toilet! The driver had earlier stated that the coach was usually used as a school bus and I did wonder if he was attempting to get back in time to do such a trip. post-7386-0-59083400-1457292702_thumb.jpeg

As far as I'm aware Steph - P&O recommend Cruise Connect coach service in their brochure but I know Eavesway do still do the routes for the P&O itineraries.

I would book as soon as possible to reserve your places!

Eavesway are the recognised brand up and down the country, an excellent service and it is a surprise that P&O dont use them as a preferred supplier anymore