Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

unclebazza

Excursion to Hell

9 posts in this topic

This was on Britannia's Caribbean cruise, 16th February 2016. This was to be an exciting trip on a catamaran from Isle Margarita to the isolated island of Cubagua. To start with, the boat was way overcrowded, people packed on like sardines and having to sit all over the superstructure and deck. The so-called beach chairs looked to have been knocked up from old wooden pallets and shaded by a tatty length of canvas, others having no shade, and not enough for everyone. All in all a bit of a dump, with the only toilet facilities on the boat, described as "basic" (an overstatement). The worst though was the pack of 6/8 starving dogs, begging for food. 3 or 4 of them were just skin and bones, worse than any shown by the R.S.P.C.A. I am not a fan of dogs, but it was awful to see them in such a state. I couldn't eat the lunch provided, so gave it to one of the dogs.

How can P&O allow this? If they continue with this excursion, then they have a moral responsibility to help these dogs. 

I hope you did report it to the Cruise Desk.  In the past we have reported inadequate tours and have had a refund. But you have to do it whilst aboard to have any clout.

As a dog lover and rescuer I was pleased you shared your lunch 

As to the excursion itself in the way you described I would definitely report it so P & O can deal with the shore supplier.

Any boat overloaded is a disaster waiting to happen and P & O could have law suits if anyone died

The main point is as a supplier P & O made monies from each person so they are responsible as the company was to have been checked out for approval

This was on Britannia's Caribbean cruise, 16th February 2016. This was to be an exciting trip on a catamaran from Isle Margarita to the isolated island of Cubagua. To start with, the boat was way overcrowded, people packed on like sardines and having to sit all over the superstructure and deck. The so-called beach chairs looked to have been knocked up from old wooden pallets and shaded by a tatty length of canvas, others having no shade, and not enough for everyone. All in all a bit of a dump, with the only toilet facilities on the boat, described as "basic" (an overstatement). The worst though was the pack of 6/8 starving dogs, begging for food. 3 or 4 of them were just skin and bones, worse than any shown by the R.S.P.C.A. I am not a fan of dogs, but it was awful to see them in such a state. I couldn't eat the lunch provided, so gave it to one of the dogs.

How can P&O allow this? If they continue with this excursion, then they have a moral responsibility to help these dogs. 

I agree unclebazza, P&O certainly has a moral responsibility to help these poor dogs, and probably more importantly they have a health and safety obligation to their clients, what you are describing sounds like a tragedy waiting to happen, I hope like others have said that you report this immediately to P&O, they should then take all necessary steps to stop this tour facility from operating.

HLM.

This makes me so sad.

There was a lovely little pooch on one of the Caribbean beaches I went to, I gave him some chips (much to my partners horror) and he didn't beg (the dog not my partner) just nommed his chips and pootled off!

I'd have felt exactly the same as you!

J-Dog likes this