Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RiverSong

The Cruise On ITV

68 posts in this topic

Who else will be watching “The Cruise” tonight Thursday 0March 3rd at 20:30 on ITV?

It might be a bit cheesy, but programs like these are guilty pleasures.

You’ll also be able to follow reactions via Twitter with #TheCruise

nick1310 likes this

Looking forward to it. It's always nice to see a little glimpse of life behind the scenes & we've never tried a Princess cruise.

RiverSong likes this

Who else will be watching “The Cruise” tonight Thursday 0March 3rd at 20:30 on ITV?

It might be a bit cheesy, but programs like these are guilty pleasures.

You’ll also be able to follow reactions via Twitter with #TheCruise

Its also available on ITV The hub 

http://www.itv.com/hub/itv

http://www.itv.com/hub/the-cruise/2a4037a0001

RiverSong likes this

Bit early yet to compa\re but last night's programme was a lot better than last years series. Love Princess cruises and would love to go on Regal/Royal Princess sometime in the near future missed out last year when Royal Princess did the summer from Southampton around the British Isles.

I think we need to remember who this series is aimed at, I would suggest the new wave of cruisers who are in their 40's and who are the future of the cruise lines. The younger generation want fun, casual atmosphere, lively surroundings and entertainment on their cruises not the frumpy experience that some call 'Traditional Cruising'. They don't want to dress up but relax and enjoy themselves. Whilst this may not sit comfortably with some current cruisers it is the future as trends are showing. How many of us will be still cruising in 20 years time, probably not a lot so the cruise companies have to replace us and this sort of program seems to appeal to the younger generation from what I have heard and read. 4.4 million watched it last night and Twitter comments are positive. Life moves on, we may not like it, but as they say 'That's Life'.

Just my opinion as always.

hturtle, ritaw, pennbank and 1 other like this

I'll also admit to not watching this last week, but I may be inclined to watch this weeks. The twitter comments that I've also seen have been nothing but positive and Timothy (I believe that was his name) appeared to be well-loved.

Oldworldtraveller likes this

If I had never cruised before .....last night's programme would not encourage me to book a cruise .

Last Nights programme 

I would not want to cruise unless I knew better,

That Lady  on the Special Dining Table, that said that she wanted to do the special dining as everyone else behind the curtain could not afford It  and she enjoyed them looking at her  !!!!!

Those type of people who brag and have no idea of anyone else's circumstances make me annoyed. I never want to be associated with those type of Cruise passengers. To me they are just me me people and have disregard for any other passenger. I All they think about is themselves. I thought she was horrible for expressing that type of view. Money can not buy manners.

Whilst I agree with everything that has been said about the lady unfortunately it is very true of some who believe that a cruise is an upmarket holiday and they want to be the top of the up market tree. Very sad.

Couldn't agree more OWT why some people think they are, and want to be superior is beyond me.

Individuals like her are more likely to put people off cruising, not good publicity for any cruise line I'd say.

HLM.

*Dancing Queen* and pennbank like this

Yes i didnt like how she was wanting to be superior than everyone else.

Awful thing with 41 cases going missing!! The gent that was dealing with it cant remeber his name was brilliant!

loz6 and HLM like this