Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

Solent Richard To Catch Another Viking Maiden

22 posts in this topic

Now I know some may think this is the wrong section or thread but as yet we don't have a Viking Ocean Cruises section. So I'll temporarily park this here as I'm sure many will be interested.

Yesterday I made a reservation for my wife and myself on Viking Cruises yet to be launched all-new, all-Veranda, Viking Star –  the first cruise ship in the fleet of Viking Ocean Cruises – of which four are planned. The vessel is set to be delivered in 2015, while the second vessel is set to be delivered a year later. The company plans to add four more additional cruise liners to its fleet after the delivery of the first two vessels. Viking Star is under construction at  the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy and is due her maiden voyage in May 2015.

10288262286_b581d44b62_z.jpg

Set to be the first cruise ship with an infinity pool, Viking Cruises certainly appear to be raising the bar when it comes to 5* Plus cruising...

A Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_deluxeveranda

The Atrium Lobby

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_atriumlobby-9

The Atrium Lounge

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_atriumlounge-

The Restaurant

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_therestaurant

The Aquavit Terrace - a great Viking favourite

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_aqavitterrace

The Italian Grill - one of the ship's Speciality Restaurants

10288280485_8f7bdc0915_z.jpg

With just 930 passengers, all enjoying a private veranda for every stateroom, guests on Viking Star have a treat in store. From the retractable domed swimming pool mid-ships to the ground breaking infinity pool cantilevered off the stern, Viking Star  is brimming with new Ocean cruising innovations.

From included Shore Excursions to complimentary wines, beers and soft drinks with lunch and dinner and from multiple dining venues to free wifi, Viking Cruises certainly look as though they mean business.

Launch offers currently available include a £500.00 per person early booking discount,  a £100.00 per person past passenger discount,  On Board Gratuities included when booked before 31 December 2013 and a guaranteed ‘no surcharge’.

Additionally there are no regional flight supplements from UK airports and Viking Cruises make no surcharge for payment by credit card.

It’s certainly worth a look…

http://www.vikingcruises.co.uk/oceans/

and I’m looking forward to ‘catching yet another Viking Maiden’

(   https://solentrichardscruiseblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/solent-richard-catches-a-viking-maiden/   )

keith and EMALIZ07 like this

Now I know some may think this is the wrong section or thread but as yet we don't have a Viking Ocean Cruises section. So I'll temporarily park this here as I'm sure many will be interested.

Yesterday I made a reservation for my wife and myself on Viking Cruises yet to be launched all-new, all-Veranda, Viking Star –  the first cruise ship in the fleet of Viking Ocean Cruises – of which four are planned. The vessel is set to be delivered in 2015, while the second vessel is set to be delivered a year later. The company plans to add four more additional cruise liners to its fleet after the delivery of the first two vessels. Viking Star is under construction at  the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy and is due her maiden voyage in May 2015.

10288262286_b581d44b62_z.jpg

Set to be the first cruise ship with an infinity pool, Viking Cruises certainly appear to be raising the bar when it comes to 5* Plus cruising...

A Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_deluxeveranda

The Atrium Lobby

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_atriumlobby-9

The Atrium Lounge

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_atriumlounge-

The Restaurant

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_therestaurant

The Aquavit Terrace - a great Viking favourite

ships_vikingstar_slideshow_aqavitterrace

The Italian Grill - one of the ship's Speciality Restaurants

10288280485_8f7bdc0915_z.jpg

With just 930 passengers, all enjoying a private veranda for every stateroom, guests on Viking Star have a treat in store. From the retractable domed swimming pool mid-ships to the ground breaking infinity pool cantilevered off the stern, Viking Star  is brimming with new Ocean cruising innovations.

From included Shore Excursions to complimentary wines, beers and soft drinks with lunch and dinner and from multiple dining venues to free wifi, Viking Cruises certainly look as though they mean business.

Launch offers currently available include a £500.00 per person early booking discount,  a £100.00 per person past passenger discount,  On Board Gratuities included when booked before 31 December 2013 and a guaranteed ‘no surcharge’.

Additionally there are no regional flight supplements from UK airports and Viking Cruises make no surcharge for payment by credit card.

It’s certainly worth a look…

http://www.vikingcruises.co.uk/oceans/

and I’m looking forward to ‘catching yet another Viking Maiden’

(   https://solentrichardscruiseblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/solent-richard-catches-a-viking-maiden/   )

Don't believe everything the marketing men say about a new product. It's not the first cruise ship with an infinity pool, Divina and Preziosa have them

DIVINA

http://www.msccruisesdivina.com/about.aspx

then look at "The Garden"

PREZIOSA

MSC PREZIOSA

Welcome to MSC Preziosa, our precious new flagship, created so can you savour the pleasures of the Mediterranean spirit on unforgettable voyages of exploration all over the world.

Experience the beauty of select natural materials radiating Mediterranean light and colour - including a real stone piazza - alongside spectacular features such as sweeping Swarovski grand staircases and a magical ‘infinity’ pool.

A.

Don't believe everything the marketing men say about a new product. It's not the first cruise ship with an infinity pool, Divina and Preziosa have them

DIVINA

http://www.msccruisesdivina.com/about.aspx

then look at "The Garden"

PREZIOSA

A.

Thanks for that, I have passed it on.

I have looked at many cruise companies that include excursions and include beer and wine at meals but not being a big alcoholic drinker and prefer to do my own thing at ports. I hate being hoarded around like sheep so have never booked because dont feel them for me personally good value for money because as they say " you get nowt for free its already included in the price".

oh thats a shame you feel that way :(  viking are such good value compared to some other comapnies-they always offer fantastic offers also-last time i booked i got an early booking discount and a further discount just for being a past passenger. Service was outstanding on board also.thumbs up viking!

oh thats a shame you feel that way :( viking are such good value compared to some other comapnies-they always offer fantastic offers also-last time i booked i got an early booking discount and a further discount just for being a past passenger. Service was outstanding on board also.thumbs up viking!

This is re-assuring my parents are onboard next year for the romantic danube sailing what sailing did you do?

Raspberry Rose likes this

Hi i did the Elegant Elbe last but the Prague to Berlin direction. I have also done the romantic danube-very interesting cruise, lovely port of call. Excursions are very well thought out also.Is nice cruise to do especially if you are interested in history, they do a ww 11 history tour at nuremburg which was interesting.Have they done a river cruise before?

I didn't know there was a world war 11 haha, Well I have a young family so it might be a couple of years yet, however It would appeal to me once they grow up. the only thing that puts me off is the lack of balconies onboard.

lol i meant world war 2! Do you mean the balcony rooms where you do not get the full balcony to walk and sit on? the balcony cabins without the decking area are good value though and lets lots of fresh air in-think romeo and juliet ha ha! What cruises do you tend to go for then having kids to entertain? p.s. there are no inside cabins on the longships with viking.

that is a fantastic description, I can see the advantage of a french balcony just to bring the outside in especially when looking out along the river, and like you say my concern was the price tag!! I have not done many only P&O and gotta say I have got the bug if not the money to cruise more!! The kids love the clubs and we have found that the staff are allways excellent, I was asking about Kids tea on here the other day and that is another big tick.

I have to ask do you cruise as a family? I have always wanted to do A big cruise for mine and the the other halves anniversary, the two of us but want to do something memerable I would welcome any suggestions.

No i dont have any children so not the best for family crusing ideas-however i do have a suggestion for something special for the other half-= You could book a deluxe owners suite-ultimate luxury with own private hot tub!!! with ncl lol maybe a tad out of the price range though? so maybe do something once in a lifetime like river crusing or iceland or galapagus island? would the children be going as well? how many children have you got?

haha well out of the price range I think I have two littlings lukas and milly. it would be for the two of us were two years off yet so I can dream of winning the lottery I do like your idea of doing something completly different my parents did a northern lights cruise and loved it, but not sure if it is our 'scene' I would love to do hawaii though.

sounds like you have your hands full there then lol! Yes i am sensing you are wanting to do something a little on the warmer side lol! sounds like a good plan if you have not done this before though? Do your partner like cruising also then? or does he/she prefer more land based holidays?

I think I am more keen on it than her, she is a sun lover, but pretty sure I can twist her arm for hawaii , the closest we have got so far is a tropical party on oceana haha. how many cruises have you done?

lol tropical party sounds like fun! i have never been on Oceana whats it like? would you recomend them? i have lost count now i have done that many ha ha! not a keen flyer so cruising is favourable for me to do leaving southampton or harwich or a very short flight if needed!

It is alot of fun, and I think one of the best thing about p&o is that the entertainment doesn't take itself to seriously, you get a feeling that you are all included in the fun, if it is your kind of thing you can really let yourself go on these evenings. big advantage for you is that Oceana sails exclusively from the UK (at the moment anyway). the only thing I would say is that the ship is family friendly, so if you are used to having no children around on your cruises you may find a fair few on here, depending on where and when you go of course.

No not used to just child free cruises so i dont mind either way to be honest,i will have to give P&O a try on the Oceana, You should give the new viking Ocean Liner a try in 2015 as a taste of viking lol. Whats the food like at dining on Oceana?

In reply to the point about balconies, the Danube cruise has a problem.  Viking has lots of good things going for it, but on the Danube, we found that two and on one occasion three Viking boats moored at the same time at the same mooring  - we were moored side by side. This meant that balconies could not be used (full or French versions) as they overlooked each other.  In fact, if you wanted to get changed, you had to close the curtains.  We were not warned about this before the cruise and those who had paid for a balcony were not amused.