Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRUISE247

Ovation of the Seas Dynamic Dining Disaster

5 posts in this topic

I booked a five day cruise on the Ovation of the Seas, sailing from Southampton on 17th April 16.  We understood that this was the maiden voyage, however, after making the final payment we were subsequently advised that the maiden voyage was to be the 14th April 16.  Very disappointing!!!

Having secured our booking, i tried to reserve the dynamic dining options online.  This was unsuccessful as the web site said that we were unable to make reservation at that time.  We recieved no further notification, so this week, I tried once again to book our dynamic dining options.  Imagine our disappointment, to find no availability within the main "Grande Restaurant" on nights 2, 3 and 4, and only 9:30pm onwards on days 1 and 5.  Similarly, all of the other restaurants only had dining slots at either extremely early or unacceptably late.

I contacted Royal Caribbean Service team only to be advised that they had been told by the ship that online booking was not available and booking will on be taken once on board.  This is completely contrary the the web site and my cruise planner states that i have 5 reservations for the late slots.  Clearly there is complete confusion within Royal Caribbean.  This does not bode well for the forthcoming cruise and given the chance we would choose another cruise line.   

Sorry to hear of your problem. 

It is always disappointing when one's expectations are not met.

Fortunately last year P&O got it spot on with the launch and 'Maiden' cruise on Britannia.

Im so sorry to hear your problem, when i was on anthem we pre booked before but once we was onboard we changed our dining but i would go straight away as everyone will be doing this!!

Not had a problem with it. Last year on Anthem I booked the restaurants I wanted at the time I wanted and that is exactly what I got. This year I am on Ovation and have booked Classic dining, and again no problem with speciality restaurants being booked.

I am not making excuses for Royal or any other cruise line but many people seem to confuse a maiden voyage and an inaugural voyage. I am on the 'maiden voyage' from Barcelona to Dubai but it is not the 'inaugural voyage'. Some 20 year old ships are still making 'Maiden Voyages' and 'Maiden Calls' when new itineraries and new ports of call come in.