Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cruise chef

Footballs Ups & Downs

57 posts in this topic

As we recently lost the blues empire thread I thought it just we should start a new link to cover all divisions, 1stly so hturtle support of the Villa can carry on in the Championship next season(although they will find that just as tough without the right application). Sammy Sun with his constant battle for his team to catch that elusive title and at least finish runners up in front of his arch rivals.

Finally myself who will be hoping that we can stave off relegation to avoid the usual sell off of key players.

It would also be a breath of fresh air to see once great clubs return to former glories, be it Burnley back in the top flight & Liverpool with European trophies.

Roll on the last few games & I'm sure Sammy & Ht will have plenty to say

I'm very confused cruise chef, I've never supported Villa in my life.

The red side of Manchester is my weakness, but not for this year, this year I am a Burnley fan through and through.

Anyway this is my last post in here in protest of SR's unfair sacking due to over sensitive users

Hope you change your mind hturtle. Good on you for sticking up for your friend but you'll be missed.

This could have been a good thread but I think people lost interest when its predecessor became a one sided exchange. Pointless posting really. Turtle, according to the person without whom you see no point in staying, he gives a completely different reason for his departure on his blog so you've made him look rather silly. Anyway, if you only wanted to talk to one person then you best close the door on your way out.

Hence the reason for starting a new thread as not to spoil the thread of the Roman Empire (In case there is ever a Mourinho style return). Such a shame to lose the banter especially as your adopted team may well be returning to the dizzy heights. The reference to Villa was one of the recent threads where you were willing them support, clearly they must have been playing a team you would rather not see win. Hope that clears it up!!

After watching Liverpool last night this must definitely class as one of the ups of the season, What n amazing comeback from such a bad start, there was no wonder some of the legends in the crowd were grinning from ear to ear seeing a fightback like that.

Land Ahoy, HLM and DavidH like this

Hi Cruise Chef

I totally agree with your views, it was an absolutely brilliant to watch, it made a great change for two teams willing to attack at pace at any opportunity rather than keeping procession and preventing the other from scoring.

DavidH likes this

I'd go so far as to say Land Ahoy that it is probably the best game I have seen this season and I am a neutral supporter at that, I wish my team would play with the same desire & passion

DavidH likes this

Not very often I get excited enough to yell at the TV watching soccer these days but that was some contest and had me totally enthralled.

DavidH

I missed this game last night but caught the highlights. Klopp seems to really get that team buzzing. He's the ideal manager for Liverpool, I'm just dissapointed we didn't get to him first. Nevertheless, great result for them and a decent draw in the semis as well. Good luck to them.

It's been a while since we discussed football on here cruise chef but yes I certainly am! it was a fantastic result for us at the weekend considering we haven't beaten Chelsea in the league since October 2011. I thought it was one of the best performances I've seen from us since we moved to the Emirates. 

Liverpool also looked very impressive at the weekend and City continue to roll on with maximum points. Should be an interesting league once again.

It's been a while since we discussed football on here cruise chef but yes I certainly am! it was a fantastic result for us at the weekend considering we haven't beaten Chelsea in the league since October 2011. I thought it was one of the best performances I've seen from us since we moved to the Emirates.

Liverpool also looked very impressive at the weekend and City continue to roll on with maximum points. Should be an interesting league once again.

I too thought Arsenal looked impressive, but to be honest since re-signing David Luiz I think Chelsea look very vulnerable, Liverpool certainly found him out.

Why he attracts so much in transfer fees is beyond me, in my opinion he's a very ordinary player.

Liverpool are my team and so far so good, just need to sort out that leaky defence then I believe we could push for the title once again, for me it's Man City this year, Liverpool next year!!!!!!!!.

HLM.

I agree with you on a few points HLM. I too think City will win the league this years especially if they keep up the style of play they have shown so far. Their organisation is unrivaled and tactically Pep has got it spot on so far. That said I do think a few teams could push them close for it, one being Liverpool. Klops boys have looked very impressive so far this season, with the exception of that slip-up at Burnley where they were poor. At the weekend they looked amazing going forward but I think you're quite right to point out their defensive frailties. I think they needed a left back in the summer as although Milner has been superb for them there thus far, a natural left back to usurp Moreno would have been a good addition in my opinion but who am I to tell Klop he's wrong!

As for David Luiz, well that is just ridiculous in my opinion. He's not a premier league centre half and never will be. He doesn't read the game well enough because it moves too quick for him in the English league and he's no way near aggressive enough in the tackle. His work rate is poor to say the least and I can't believe Chelsea spent that amount of money to bring him back, it's bewildering! Nevertheless I do find it entertaining as an Arsenal fan smile.png

HLM likes this

Well last nights events certainly has to go as one of footballs biggest downs. What was he thinking?!!

Is this now showing football as being the most corrupt sport driven by one thing only, MONEY?

On a up note great to see Leicester doing well in the Champions League

HLM likes this

Well last nights events certainly has to go as one of footballs biggest downs. What was he thinking?!!

Is this now showing football as being the most corrupt sport driven by one thing only, MONEY?

On a up note great to see Leicester doing well in the Champions League

In my opinion Allardyce should never of been England manager anyway, but what an absolute idiot.

Bring back Hoddle, I know he made a bad mistake last time, but he's accepted that so give him another chance.

Hoddle apart perhaps Steve Bruce next?

HLM.

Just to throw something in totally left field but would it be worth giving someone like Jurgen Klinsman the job, proven track record as a winner when playing and where he has managed internationally before he has done well. He understands the English game from playing against us and also with his career in the UK. Also not influenced behind the whole FA politics which havent done us any favours in the past few years.

Not sure about Klinsman, strong character and done well in both his recent positions but I would prefer an English manager given the choice.

I just cannot get my head around how Allardyce could be so stupid. It was supposedly his dream job and he goes and does something as idiotic as that. It blows my mind to think that he could be so pathetically taken in by the lure of more money when he was already on £3 million a year as the England manager. Money aside, he also should have more pride in the role to go around saying some of the comments he made. It's now put another black mark against the FA and against the job itself. I see this morning he has said "entrapment has won" well no Sam it hasn't. Yes the media tactics over the line but you could always say no in the first place and considering he was in the middle of a hotel surrounded by people, he should be aware of his comments in the position he held.

On to the next manager and I honestly believe that if Southgate puts a run together of 3-4 back to back wins then the FA will offer him the job. I hope we do win back to back games under him but I hope he isn't offered the position permanently as I don't believe he has the charisma or personality to motivate the players. I'm not saying some of the others necessarily do either but I would prefer it not to be Southgate. For me Steve Bruce could deserve an opportunity, especially having been interviewed for the job in the first place. After that then yes there is Hoddle and of course Redknapp's name will undoubtedly be thrown around again too along with Eddie Howe.

Whoever is chosen has a difficult job to turn things around for us at major tournaments but that said, we do have an excellent group of players at the moment that given the right organisation, do have the ability to achieve something.

Hi  Is anybody surprised that football is corrupt.  There's so much money in the sport that syphoning off a "small" amount of this is considered acceptable to some.  Big Sam deserved to be sacked.  Obviously he thought that a salary of £3,000,000 was insufficient for decent lifestyle and he deserved to earn even more.  He said that to be the manager of England was his dream job.  However, instead of spending time trying to improve the team's woeful performances he decided that it would be better to fly all over the world if it put money into his bank account.  Would it be better if professional football in England was re-branded the Greed Is Good league?

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Fare comment Land Ahoy the trouble is if we start re-branding like that you would have to relabel all the banks too!!!!

Your right his stupidity is beyond comprehension and if thats how you shatter your dreams then did you really deserve it in the 1st place, I'm pretty sure tha there are lots of people who would do the job for a fraction of the pay and with pride rather than greed. Ah well I suppose I had better get back to filling in my application for the replacementsmile.png

Land Ahoy likes this

Well Sammy is was an up for you at the weekend & a down for me, having sat in the stand to watch a lacklustre display I sometimes wonder why we put ourselves through it week in week out!

It was certainly an up CC but a fortunate one in the end. We didn't really turn up at Burnley but credit to them they were brilliant at the back and handled everything we threw at them. Fortunately and I do mean fortunately we grabbed the 3 points at the death, which was great to see as in times gone by we would have wound up losing that game never mind winning it. We lacked the class of our last few games but got the job done so I was over the moon.

I saw your result and thought of you, it's so up and down in that league you never seem to know what will happen from one week to the next. Enjoyable for the neutral but not so much for a fan!