Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sammy sun

Any recommendations for a Japanese focused itinerary for 2017?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My dad spent four weeks in Australia and New Zealand in February with Celebrity and had a great time. He's now looking to do the Far East next year, ideally with a key focus on Japan having visited China and Vietnam many times with work in the past. I've had a good look around but cannot find anything that suits really. They love Celebrity, like Princess but would also consider something new, perhaps one of the luxury operators, any ideas or experiences that forum members can recommend?

Princess would probably be a good option Sammy, I hear tht the new ship that they are basing over in Asia has had new features specifically to cater for the Asian market, not quite sure what they are but I'm sure fellow members will be able to enlighten us

When is the launch date for that CC do you know? I thought it was due for late 2017. I'm sure they would look at that as they enjoyed their time on Regal Princess to the Baltic last year. Having said that, if they wanted to go earlier in 2017, which ideally they would, it still leaves them quite limited. I found a few nice itineraries on Diamond Princess but that was about it.

I see Royal Caribbean are planning to position several ships in the Far East for 2017. Not sure whether they would be my dad's cup of tea but worth seeing what the itineraries are like maybe. Does anyone know when these are released? I can see some cruises are showing for 2017 with them but not for Asia.

I've been looking at their website Sammy and it looks like the 2017 Japan/Asia went on sale in March so it should be a good time as a Captain Circle past passenger to get the most of any new release pricing and offers for him, one thing that may interest your dad which caught my eye was the option of 2 landtours in conjunction with the cruise, Highlights of Japan or Temples & Traditions

I've seen some great itineraries with Princess cruise chef so thanks for that. Interested to see what Royal Caribbean will offer though. At present you can only go as far early April 2017 for their Asia itineraries.

Sammy Sun, Princess have good prices on thier flights at the moment doing an Asian Itinerary, up to £1,000 off. so worth looking into.