Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tushers66

Celebrity Solstice

5 posts in this topic

Leaving to go on this on Sunday around Hawaii, anyone been on her? Any tips? do's and dont's? Its my 50th birthday on the 28th and not sure if we should have dinner in the main dining room or go to a speciality and if so we don't know which one to do.

TIA x

Hi Tushers66. For starters, you've picked an excellent ship. I love the Solstice Class ships, I think they are fantastic and some of the nicest ships I've had the pleasure of sailing aboard. As for dining on your birthday, I would highly recommend one of the speciality restaurants. This is not to take anything away from the main dining room, which is superb but I just find the speciality restaurants on Celebrity to be some of the best at sea. From my own experiences, I would highly recommend the Tuscan Grille or Murano. Both are equally as special, serve excellent food and have a lovely atmosphere. Qsine is also nice and if you fancy something a little different, could be a good choice but I think the other two are the little bit better.

I'm also a big fan of the Sky Observation Lounge at night, nice atmosphere and always worth stopping off for a drink. 

The last Solstice ship I was on was Eclipse and prior to that it was Reflection. I'm sure you'll enjoy Solstice.

Tushers66 likes this

Been on the Eclipse and agree with all the above. The only comment that I would make is that Qsine is better with several people in the party. We did it with 4 which was okay but I wouldn't have done it with only 2 as there is a lot of sharing. Good experience though.

Have a great time.

sammy sun likes this