Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

Shore Excursion Guides! Getting Copies

14 posts in this topic

Further to a post I made about “Would You pay For Travel Brochures?” which has been met with a unequivocally NO, it’s made me think about Shore Excursion, would you pay a small charge to receive them?

Most of us know that the American lines like Princess and Celebrity don’t send out copies of Shore Excursions and if you book on a Saver Fare with P&O everything is on line. 

In these instances would you consider paying a small fee like £5.00 as long as this was discounted from any excursions when booked on line with them?

That would make sense if the fee was deducted from any booked, I really dont think people would have issue with that. The only wory is how the cruise companies would be able to cope with who had/hadnt received a copy.

That would make sense if the fee was deducted from any booked, I really dont think people would have issue with that. The only wory is how the cruise companies would be able to cope with who had/hadnt received a copy.

I agree CC it could get complicated for them. The only thing they could consider would be to put a source code to each booking once a shore ex brochure has been issued. That code would then be provided to the passengers and then require them to enter the code in order to receive their £5 discount. Each randomly generated code can only be used once and is applied to one single booking.

As for the idea itself, yes I do think this would have some legs but only if the £5 could be removed from a booked excursion. If it was just to receive the brochure with no incentive then I think many people would be frustrated with this.

I prefer looking at this online anyway so it doesn't bother me if I don't receive a booklet but I appreciate that for a lot of people it is an important part of the build up to their holiday.

No I would not be prepared to pay for a shore excursion brochure the excursions are dear enough as it is and I don't understand the mentality of paying for everything it will be suggested next coin slots on public toilets onboard.

Captain Kidd II and momoperth like this

I would definately not pay for such a booklet. If I am having to go online then I might as well use cheaper operators rather than the cruise company.

No I would not be prepared to pay for a shore excursion brochure the excursions are dear enough as it is and I don't understand the mentality of paying for everything it will be suggested next coin slots on public toilets onboard.

You had to mention it didn't you!!!!!angry.png

Coming to a cruise line near you soon...use your cruise card to access the bogs..ohmy.png biggrin.png wink.png

momoperth likes this

Or sink…..

Back to the question, when you consider that we now have to print off everything in order to get on board it would be another way of cost cutting, but they have already done that by trying to persuade people to print their own excursion booklet off,

They will be wanting us to row the ship next.

JH327 likes this

It would be very easy to set up, you order a shore excursion brochure on line or via the phone and pay the monies. This automatically sets up a credit in your account to be used when you book said excursion, same way on board credit works or a passenger relations discount. 

I would definately pay for an excursion booklet as I use my tablet and just online ordering is very stressful as cannot view the whole content and have to keep going back pages

Would that be Easy Cruise or Ryan Cruise? It could take off!

Easy Cruise did actually exisit once...there was a TV programme about it a few years ago

WAVES likes this

Hi  No I wouldn't pay for a cruise brochure or one covering shore excursions.  Once you are onboard you are given "unwanted" copies of flyers advertising the spa, alternative dining venues, the photographers as well as shore excursions.  It's obvious that the cost of these is not too great, but I wonder whether anybody even gives them more than a courteous glance before putting them in the waste bin.