Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cast ashore

Would You Like A Genie?

13 posts in this topic

Ovation of the Seas will be the first ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet to roll out the Royal Class Suite. This new concept for RCI will give guests who are staying in one of their 129 suites enhanced features and privileges. There will be three categories to choose from – Star, Sea & Sky. The Royal Genies will be available for guests around-the-clock, and these ‘elite’ butlers will add something a little extra than traditional butlers as the Genies are encouraged to show a little more of their personality. Your ‘Royal Genie’ will cater to your every whim from making restaurant reservations unpacking your luggage and more… If you was to cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship with a Royal Genie on board what would you ask them to do for you?  

Hi  I don't think having a "Genie" or butler would encourage me book a cruise with RCI.  If I wanted this level of service I would book with one of the 6 star cruise lines which having been offering the services of a butler for many years.  I'm fairly low maintenance so I wouldn't use his or hers services too often but it would be nice for someone to iron my clothes on arrival, carry out my laundry throughout the cruise as well as polishing my shoes. 

Chances are Land Ahoy that by the time you have paid for the Suite on Royal Caribbean it would probably be the same price as one of the 6* lines anyway so you make a really good point

The idea of a butler has always been a strange one to me too. I'm sure they're excellent and would put passengers at ease but I think I would find it incredibly awkward. The idea of having restaurants and excursions arranged for me is great but do they contact you prior to boarding as I'd obviously want to arrange such things before I travel? I presume they must do.

I've also heard stories of butlers unpacking and packing for passengers. Now this in theory sounds fantastic because who loves unpacking and packing??? But...I think I would find it uncomfortable. Not sure it's for me!

Have to agree while it would be great to have a butler or a 'genie' unpack for me, I would find it very uncomfortable and awkward and would much rather do it myself. I like the idea of the genie butlers been encouraged to show more personality than your traditional butler but personally I don't think they will be for me.

Not for me. They would get on my nerves. I like to do my own thing and would not want someone showing me their personality. The present butler system sounds fine to me, not that I have ever had one.

I wouldn't like anyone doing my packing or unpacking. I like to know where my stuff is when unpacking & as for packing to come home I put dirty clothes in 1 case as we use them throughout the cruise & I don't think I would want anyone rooting through my (not so) smalls.

I think I would enjoy a good foot massage haha just kidding! I think you have everything you could possibly imagine on a cruise anyway! What more could a butler bring!