Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

hturtle

Tripashore

24 posts in this topic

Be interested to know if you can only use this company if you have booked with Bolsover or you can book independently. Problem is just looked at our next cruise and we have 6 ports of call but only tours available for one port and that is an "on your own" transfer so not a great choice.

Just has a look. Interesting the few tours they do for my upcoming cruise. Must admit I am planning to use OBS for several. The St Petersburg trip looks good value.

I have had a look at the tripashore site and it all seems very good! the website is very easy to navigate and the details for excursions are very informative - I'm sure this will be popular with customers.

Hi There,

Thanks for the post hturtle, this is a pretty new partnership we started this week.  Tripashore are new to the Shore Excursion market but has been set up by a former MD of Cunard & MSC so has huge experience of the market, they are concentrating on mainly European cruises for now.  Although its been set up for our customers to experience, there is no reason why anyone booked on those cruises they service cant also book via the link.  If you follow www.tripashore.com/bolsover you can check out your cruise, its a very easy to use website, much easier than cruise personaliser.

cruzwithkidz and hturtle like this

My parents are cruising soon and will do an over night in St Petersburg they had been told to book an excursion with P&O for a group visa, if they book one with Tripashore would they have a visa or would they need to arrange their own?

Hi There,

Thanks for the post hturtle, this is a pretty new partnership we started this week.  Tripashore are new to the Shore Excursion market but has been set up by a former MD of Cunard & MSC so has huge experience of the market, they are concentrating on mainly European cruises for now.  Although its been set up for our customers to experience, there is no reason why anyone booked on those cruises they service cant also book via the link.  If you follow www.tripashore.com/bolsover you can check out your cruise, its a very easy to use website, much easier than cruise personaliser.

Thank you for your post does that mean you no longer recommend www.cruisingexcursions.com as these have been going a number of years and seem well established.

Thank you for your post does that mean you no longer recommend www.cruisingexcursions.com as these have been going a number of years and seem well established.

I wouldn't say that we don't recommend them, we have just chosen to move our partnership to Tripashore, we feel it offers a better experience for our customers.

My parents are cruising soon and will do an over night in St Petersburg they had been told to book an excursion with P&O for a group visa, if they book one with Tripashore would they have a visa or would they need to arrange their own?

Your parents can prebook with any private tour company and it will cover group visa you do not have to use cruise company excursions. There are a number of highly recommended tour companies that do excursions in St Petersburg SPB, Alla and TJ Travel to name a few.

loz6 likes this

Hi yes these would include visas for Russia

loz6 likes this

This has been really interesting as P&O have taken bookings, and payments, to go the Hermitage in St Petersburg on a Monday which, acvording to Tripashore, and the Hermitage website when it is closed! P&O Personaliser site is not even accepting logins. Need to sort this out.

They look very good and the website is very good too smile.png love something that is easy to navigate around

Agree with you Ali. I can't be doing with busy websites that are a pain to navigate. This is simple and easy to use. The amount of excursions per port appears quite limited though. I'm sure the range will expand as they grow. I read more about them having seen this thread and it does appear to be a clever move. They've obviously identified a hole in the market and are attempting to fill it. The small group tours are a clever concept. I know others do them but most cruise lines tend to use the term "private tour" which is then often followed up with a heavy price tag. These small group tours seem far more reasonable.

JH327 likes this

Nice website, although not much on offer for our fjords cruise next month, it's very easy to navigate and prices seem reasonable. Thanks for sharing!

Just has a look. Interesting the few tours they do for my upcoming cruise. Must admit I am planning to use OBS for several. The St Petersburg trip looks good value.

I am booked through Bolsover on Black Watch to Scandinavian Cities and St Petersburg but could not pick up any tours for this cruise or for any Fred Olson sailings.

Hi MB alone.  At this point in time they dont offer a programme for Fred Olsen but it is something we have asked them to look at going forward.

We have just come back from a Canaries cruise on Britannia and pre-booked a Tripashore excursion in Madeira .... there is only one word I can use to describe it .... WONDERFUL !!!! ... We were taken in a minibus with only seven passengers plus driver and guide ... and were taken to locations that bigger coaches either couldn't get to or had to take large detours to get to .... Our guide was very knowledgeable about Madeira and gave us a really detailed ongoing commentary about the locations we visited and the history of Madeira .... but he made it interesting .... The trip we did was the Scenic drive Classic collection which included a photo stop at Cabo Girao ... visit to Camara de Lobos ... spectacular views of Funchal from above ... finishing off with wine tasting in Funchal .... bottled water was also included .... at the end of the tour we had a bit of time spare before the minibus collected us so the guide took us through a small nearby park and gave us a horticultural talk on some amazing trees and plants ..... All in all a thoroughly enjoyable trip for only £29 each .... If the others are as good as this one was they will really give P&O excursions something to think about ....

post-1897-0-06778800-1476702600_thumb.jpg

post-1897-0-58303100-1476703436_thumb.jpg

post-1897-0-93305700-1476703491_thumb.jpg

post-1897-0-53714500-1476703798_thumb.jpg

post-1897-0-25074300-1476704018_thumb.jpg

DavidH and nick1310 like this

Hi, Thank you for this link. However, I note that our sailing on Voyager of the Seas out of Sydney in April is not covered by this. although However, I do see our Indy sailing out of Southampton in October 17 is.